Super Bowl Sunday is Approaching – Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk | Florida DUI Defense Lawyers Whittel & Melton
February 2, 2022
Super Bowl LVI is Sunday, February 13 and regardless of whether you are cheering for the Cincinnati Bengals or Los Angeles Rams, your Super Bowl plans should include how to get home without drunk driving.
The truth is that drunk driving kills. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports show that there were 10,142 car crashes that involved drunk driving in 2019.
For Super Bowl Sunday, and every day, our Florida DUI Defense Lawyers at Whittel & Melton urge you to make the smart decision to not drink and drive. You and everyone sharing the road with you can win when we all follow these safety cues:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher is illegal, so if you are driving drunk and get pulled over, you will be arrested and prosecuted. Even if this is your first offense, the prosecution will throw the book at you so that they can really drive home how dangerous it is to drive drunk. Do not expect them to go easy on you. Save yourself the headache and the hit to your wallet (most DUI cases cost about $10,000) and play it safe.
- If you are drunk and need to get home safe, the best plan is to get a sober ride home. You have options – from public transportation and taxis to rideshare services, like Uber or Lyft.
- If you are staying sober at a Super Bowl party, volunteer to be a designated driver for your friends. If anyone needs a safe and sober ride home, then you can be there for them.
- If you see someone that has been consuming alcohol try to drive home, then tell them no and help them find a sober ride.
- If you are the host of a Super Bowl party, make sure to provide food and plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. You can also ask for car keys from anyone that is drinking in case they try and drive home later after having a few too many.
We all want to prevent drunk driving crashes, so let’s all do our part this Super Bowl Sunday and stay safe. Remember to always buckle up when driving as this is your best defense if you are involved in a car accident.
If you do find yourself facing a DUI arrest this Super Bowl, or any day, then know our Florida DUI Defense Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are here for you. Call us at 866-608-5529 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the entire state of Florida and can provide you with the strongest legal defense for your specific DUI charges.
From all of us at Whittel & Melton, enjoy Super Bowl LVI and be safe!