Pasco County Motorcycle Accident
In most motorcycle accidents between a biker and another car, the biker is the one that is far more likely to suffer from a serious personal injury or even wrongful death. Even the most careful motorcyclists doing everything they can to stay safe - wearing the proper safety gear and a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet and traveling the correct speed limit - can still find themselves the victim of a serious motorcycle crash. The aftermath of such a collision can affect the victim and their family for weeks, months, years, or even a lifetime.
Our experienced New Port Richey Motorcycle Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are here to help injured motorcyclists and their passengers throughout Pasco County recover full and fair compensation for their pain and suffering as well as other damages related to their accident. Our numerous accolades and years of fighting for the justice of motorcycle accident victims has provided us with a proven record of success so that we can continue to help injury victims move forward from their accident and obtain the financial awards their cases merit to help with everything from hefty medical bills to lost wages from being out of work.Injuries in Motorcycle Collisions
Motorcycle accidents can bring about numerous types of injuries. It is absolutely vital to seek medical care right away following a motorcycle collision so that you can get a thorough diagnosis for any injuries. Any part of a rider’s body can suffer severe harm in a motorcycle accident, including:
- Head and brain injuries: Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) can happen when a rider’s head smacks the roadway, another vehicle, or any other object. Wearing a helmet in the state of Florida is a choice for riders over the age of 21 that have an approved amount of insurance, but our New Port Richey Motorcycle Lawyers at Whittel & Melton still recommend wearing a helmet to prevent open head injuries, skull fractures, and TBIs.
- Spinal cord trauma: Injuries to the spinal cord can lead to permanent disabilities and paralysis. These types of injuries are quite serious and can vary depending on the part of the spinal cord that suffered trauma in the motorcycle crash.
- Broken bones and fractures: Breaks and fractures are quite common in motorcycle collisions from rider’s being ejected from their bike, their bike landing on them, etc.
- Rider’s arm injuries: This is a type of nerve damage that can follow a motorcycle crash. In the most severe cases, the nerve damage may be irreversible.
- Eye injuries: If the eye is injured in a motorcycle crash, then permanent vision changes and pain can ensue.
- Road rash: This refers to a motorcyclist being dragged along the pavement or ground after an accident. This can result in serious scraping that can become infected and leave permanent scars to the body.
- Chest injuries: Your heart and lungs are susceptible to serious harm in a motorcycle accident. If your chest is crushed or penetrated, then your vital organs can be at risk for potentially fatal injuries.
- Amputations: When a motorcycle accident results in a wound becoming infected, then an amputation may occur at the hospital, such as an arm, finger, hand, foot, toe, or leg.
Wrongful death: All of the injuries listed above have the potential to be fatal. When a person is killed in a motorcycle accident that was no fault of their own, their surviving family members may have grounds to file what is called a wrongful death lawsuit. This allows them to recover financial benefits for the loss of their loved one.Results-Driven Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Pasco County
We know how devastating motorcycle accidents can be for victims and their families. We also know how important it is to recover maximum compensation for your injuries and suffering. We are available 24/7 to provide unwavering commitment to your motorcycle injury or wrongful death claim.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, we welcome you to reach out to us at 727-847-2299 with your questions so that we can provide you with a free consultation. You will only be charged legal fees once we recover a financial award on your behalf.About New Port Richey
New Port Richey is located just 35 miles northwest of Tampa Bay and is home to beautiful beaches, recreation, major attractions, sports, and culture all with a small town feel. New Port Richey offers wonderful kayak trips along Fillman’s Bayou where you can see manatees, dolphins, and sea turtles. New Port Richey also offers deep sea fishing off the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the city is most known for its riverfront landscape.