Martin County Motorcycle Accident
Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Whittel & Melton
We Proudly Represent Bikers Injured throughout Florida
Call Today 561-367-8777 Reach us statewide at 866-608-5529
“Stuart Florida and Martin County enjoys some of the most pleasant roads for bikers and motorists alike. Unfortunately, these roads are often also used by teenagers distracted by their phones, over the road and local trucks hauling goods and produce at high rates of speed with incredible amounts of force. The conflux of these drivers and passengers and dangerous instrumentalities can lead to disaster and destruction along our roads. In particular US-1 continues to fill our Stuart hospitals and Martin County emergency rooms with bikers and passengers of motorcycles after accidents.” – Jason M. Melton, Esq., Founding Member, NAMIL (Nat’l Academy of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers); 2020 & 2021 Top 20 Biker Injury Lawyer, Biker Justice USA; Life Member, ABATE; Life Member, Road Guardians; Life Member, Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) makes an annual report of the number of motor vehicle accidents that happened all over the state. In 2019, Martin County had 76 motorcycle collisions that resulted in property damages, bodily injuries, or death. While 76 motorcycle accidents might not seem like much, 67 accidents resulted in injuries and the other 9 resulted in fatalities.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a Martin County motorcycle accident or Stuart biker crash, then contact our Martin County and Stuart Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton at 866-608-5529 for a free consultation so that you can learn more about whether or not you have a valid claim for financial compensation. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, so contact us now.Important Motorcycle Safety Information for Stuart Bikers
A Stuart motorcycle accident can leave riders suffering devastating injuries. A motorcycle lacks certain physical protections that other cars have like roofs, doors, and windows, so our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton recommend all bikers factor in the following safety recommendations:
- Wear quality equipment, such as gloves, pants, boots and a sturdy jacket. These items cannot prevent an accident, but it can help prevent major injuries.
- Wear your helmet at all times.
- Check your tires before hitting the road in Stuart or Martin County or anywhere in Florida.
- Make a general inspection about how your motorcycle functions. Make sure your brakes and lights are working properly.
- Carry a first aid kit, so if you suffer a minor injury this can help you until you get further medical assistance.
- Make sure you have your cell phone fully charged and with you so that you can call for help if you need it.
If you do happen to be involved in a motorcycle accident, then follow the steps below to protect yourself and others at the scene:
- Call 911 for medical help right away.
- Stay at the scene even if you think you are fine. You will want the police to come and investigate the crash site so that they can file a report and identify the at-fault driver.
- If you are able to take pictures of the scene, including your bike and any injuries, please do so as this can help your case.
- Try to gather any witnesses contact information as it could be valuable later on.
- Do not sign any documents before your lawyer has reviewed them.
- Call our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton right away at 866-608-5529 or contact us online.
Our lawyers at Whittel & Melton can proudly say we have been protecting motorcyclist rights for years and stand ready to prosecute all types of motorcycle accident-related injuries and wrongful deaths. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries we have seen over the years are:
- Head injuries: Many motorcycle accidents result in serious head injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), skull fractures, concussions, comas, and more. These injuries can all lead to permanent brain damage, which is why we always recommend riders wear a helmet to better protect themselves in Martin County, Stuart and beyond.
- Back and neck injuries: Motorcycle accidents can leave riders suffering from soft tissue injuries to the muscles, tendons, nerves, and ligaments in the upper back and neck, which could require some type of rehabilitation or surgery. If you have suffered a back or neck injury in a motorcycle crash, then you need to contact our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton so we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
- Broken bones and fractures: These injuries are likely to occur to a motorcyclist’s wrists or ankles, which may keep you from being able to work for an extended period of time. Our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton can help you recover any lost wages you may have as a result of your motorcycle accident.
Our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton have experience in handling every type of injury claim related to motorcycle accidents. Our goal is to help you through this stressful and difficult time, which is why we will handle every legal aspect of your motorcycle injury claim so that you can focus on healing and getting your life back together the way it was before your accident. We are ready to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve after a motorcycle accident has left you suffering.
Call us now at 866-608-5529 or reach us online 24/7 for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our Martin County Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are available 24/7 to assist you.
Martin County and Stuart, FL are well known for its beautiful beaches and more than 70 national parks. A unique feature of Martin County is that it is home to the St. Lucie Inlet, the most bio diverse lagoon in Florida. Martin County provides a beautiful backdrop for motorcyclists who reside in the area as well as those passing through the area. With a great year-round climate and beautiful scenery, it is easy to see why Florida has so many motorcycle enthusiasts on the roads.