Hernando County Motorcycle Accident Victim
352-666-6666 Call TODAY, Do Not Delay!
Proudly Serving Spring Hill, Brooksville and Weeki Wachee
When you or a loved one is injured in a motorcycle accident that was the fault of another reckless or negligent motorist, then it is vital to get legal help from an experienced law firm specializing in motorcycle personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our Hernando County Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Whittel & Melton have years of experience handling these types of cases and dealing with the dishonest insurance companies who try and take advantage of motorcycle accident injury victims.
“Riders in Brooksville and Spring Hill alike are victims on three of the most dangerous roads we see. US Route 41, State Road 50 and US19 continue to produce a mixture of bad drivers and motorcycle victims every year. Hernando County Bikers have to be very careful out there.” – Jason M. Melton, Esq. Founding Member, NAMIL (National Academy of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers); Top 20 2020 & 2021 Biker Injury Lawyer, Biker Justice USA; Life Member ABATE and Road GuardiansTypes of Spring Hill and Brooksville Motorcycle Accidents
There are many ways a Hernando County motorcycle accident can happen, and even minor accidents can deliver devastating blows to motorcyclists as motorcycles do not have the same protections as a passenger vehicle, truck, or SUV. In 2017, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that motorcyclists were 27 times more likely than the occupants of passenger vehicles to die in an accident when traveling the same number of miles. In that same year, there were 8,715,204 registered motorcycles and a total of 5,172 motorcycle accident victim fatalities. These numbers break down to 59.34 deaths per 100,000 registered motorcycles and 25.67 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
The following are common types of motorcycle accidents in Spring Hill and Brooksville:
- Head-on smashup: This type of accident commonly occurs when another vehicle is traveling in the wrong lane and smashes head on with a motorcycle that is heading in the right direction in their own lane.
- T-bone collision: This is a side impact accident that usually occurs when a car blows through an intersection and slams into the side of a motorcycle that is lawfully traveling through the intersection.
- Left turn crash: A good amount of motorcycle accidents happen due to drivers failing to notice a motorcycle or misjudging how far away they are from a motorcyclist. A left turn collision happens when another driver executes a left hand turn without having enough time to miss the motorcyclist and clips the biker with the side of their car.
- Rear-end collision: These types of accidents happen when another car is following a motorcycle too closely and fails to hit the brakes when a biker stops, striking the bike from the back and causing a rear-end collision.
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by many driver behaviors, the most common being aggressive motorists, speeding drivers, distracted drivers, drunk drivers, and even drowsy drivers. According to the Insurance Information Institute (iii), in 2018 there were 4,985 motorcyclists killed in crashes across the United States. Of those, 1,549 were fatal alchol-impared collisions.What to Do After a Spring Hill or Brooksville Motorcycle Collision
- Call the police immediately (if you can). It is imperative that a police officer complete an accident report that states the accident was the fault of another driver. Their documented negligence will help with your lawsuit later. Hernando County Sheriff’s Office and FHP (Florida Highway Patrol)
- Get medical treatment ASAP. Even if you think that you are totally fine or have minor injuries, you need to get checked out by a medical professional. Not seeking medical care from a doctor could hurt your case and lower the amount of your financial award.
- Document every detail. The severity of your injuries may affect this step, but it is very important to try and photograph the scene of the crash, including damages to your bike as well as your physical injuries.
- Get in touch with Whittel & Melton. You will want an experienced attorney handling the details of your motorcycle accident case, so this step is crucial. You need to focus on recovering from your injuries while we focus on gathering all the pertinent evidence that proved the other driver’s negligence. We can also negotiate with the insurance companies involved on your behalf and represent your interests at trial.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a family member or loved one in any motorcycle accident in Spring Hill, Brooksville, or elsewhere in Hernando County that was caused by someone else’s recklessness or negligence, then it is very important to fight for your fair recovery. Our Hernando County Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Whittel & Melton can fight for you.About Hernando County
Located on the central-west coast of Florida, Hernando County is home to all kinds of adventures for residents and tourists alike. Hernando County boasts state forests and preserves, Gulf waters, and freshwater springs and rivers. The city of Weeki Wachee is home to Weeki Wachee Springs, well-known for being the “City of Mermaids.”