Wesley Chapel, FL Side Impact T-Bone Car Crash Lawyer
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Wesley Chapel, Florida Car Accident Lawyers
Don’t Face the Judge Alone!
“Car crash cases come in many forms. Rear-end collisions and head-on crashes are the most commonly thought of type of car accident. However, a side impact wreck after a vehicle runs a stop sign to create a T-bone type of accident is just as serious. The Wesley Chapel area is full of these and other types of accidents. Our firm takes pride in handling any and all motor vehicle accidents in Pasco, Hillsborough, Hernando and surrounding areas.”
- Jason M. Melton, Esq. Wesley Chapel Car Crash Lawyer
813-221-3200 Call Immediately if you or someone your love was injured in an accident.
Wesley Chapel, FL Violation of Stop Sign – T-Bone Accident Law Firm
Running through a stop sign might seem like a small mistake, but the truth is it can be dangerous and even deadly. Stop signs are put in place to keep other drivers safe, but when another driver barrels through a stop sign at an intersection, no one is safe. Thousands of car accidents are caused each year by negligent drivers that run stop signs.
The main reason people ignore stop signs is because of impatience. Drivers that fail to stop at a stop sign are usually in a hurry to get somewhere else or simply plow through an intersection because they assume no one is coming. Most drivers that violate stop signs don’t realize their mistake until it is too late. It is these distracted or reckless drivers that also make unsafe lane changes, run red lights and cause numerous other terrors that take place on Florida’s streets and highways.
East Pasco County Car Accident & Injury Lawyers Whittel & Melton, LLC 813-221-3200
With various crossing and entering actions made by both pedestrians and motorists alike, an intersection is one of the most convoluted traffic scenarios a driver can encounter. The risks associated with intersections are increased by speeding motorists who disobey traffic controls. According to the Federal Highway Administration, there were 33,808 fatalities that took place on roadways across the country in 2009. Sadly, 20.8 percent of those deaths were the result of an intersection wreck.
When negligent drivers run stop signs and cause a collision, the injuries are often severe. This is mostly because intersection accidents involve extremely dangerous side-impact and head-on collisions. When two vehicles collide near a door, the driver or passenger can be smacked with a staggering force, leaving them with traumatic injuries due to blunt force and crushing. If you or someone you love was injured by another driver who carelessly ran a red light, our competent attorneys can seek damages, for lost wages, medical bills, disability and other losses related to:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Loss of Limbs
- Head or Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Soft Tissue Injuries
There are numerous reasons why drivers run stop signs, but most commonly their motives can be attributed to driver distraction, being in a hurry and road rage. No matter what the excuse, no driver should ever ignore traffic signs. When it comes to stop signs, here are a few good rules to follow to ensure maximum intersection safety:
- Come to a complete stop when approaching a stop sign.
- After stopping, check for cars coming in each direction.
- Don’t just look left to right; also check for cars at the street directly across from you.
- Count to three after you have stopped and checked for cars, and then continue through the intersection with caution.
The skilled attorneys at Whittel & Melton are experienced in collecting damages from underinsured and uninsured motorists. If someone you love was killed in an accident as a result of an intersection collision, we can help you seek damages by filing a wrongful death suit. For a free consultation in Wesley Chapel or throughout the Pasco County area call us today at 813-221-3200 or visit us online.
Florida Stop Sign Violation Accident Attorneys
Wesley Chapel, Florida Car Accident Attorneys
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Don’t Face the Judge Alone!
- Alcohol A Factor in Pasco County Crash that Killed Woman & Injured 2 Children A Citrus County woman was killed and four others, including her two children, were injured in a Sunday morning crash in Pasco County. The crash
- Pasco County Residents Beware: Bicyclists and Pedestrians Should Use Extreme Caution Along Rowan Road A 46-year-old bicyclist died Sunday on Rowan Road from a hit and run. Residents say the road is dangerous and urge pedestrians and bicyclists to
- Plan Ahead: Here's When Memorial Day Weekend Traffic is Expected to be at its Worst If you are going to be one of the estimated 36.6 million Americans hitting the road for Memorial Day weekend this year, our Pasco County Auto Accident