Tampa Gas Station Fall Injury Lawyer
Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall
Injury Lawyers Whittel & Melton
813-221-3200 Call Today. Do Not Delay.
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, including while you are fueling up your car or running inside of a convenience store for a quick snack, coffee, or soda. You might be walking through an aisle unsuspecting any dangerous condition, when your feet slip out from under you and you land on a hard surface suffering a serious injury that requires immediate medical attention. Where your accident happened and whether or not it was caused by another person’s negligence will all factor into whether or not you have a claim for compensation under premises liability law. A Tampa Gas Station Slip & Fall Injury Lawyer should be investigating today. Call Today 813-221-3200
As soon as possible after your slip and fall injury, you should get in touch with our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Lawyers at Whittel & Melton as we specialize in accident liability and can help you understand what your options are. You can call us now at 813-221-3200 or contact us online 24/7. Tampa Gas Station Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton do not charge for your initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose, and you may find out that you are entitled to recover monetary damages for your injuries you suffered.
What Steps Should Be Taken After a Slip and Fall Accident at a Tampa Gas Station or Convenience Store?
If you suffered a slip and fall injury at a gas station or convenience store like BP Amoco, Citgo, Chevron, Shell, Mobil, Texaco, Exxon/Exxon Mobil, Sunoco, Marathon, Gulf, or any other type of gas station or convenience store in Tampa, St. Petersburg or the surrounding areas, the steps you take after can be crucial when it comes to recovering financial compensation for your suffering. It is absolutely important to collect the necessary evidence, when possible, in order to prove the property owner’s negligence for causing your injuries. Our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton recommend taking these 5 steps after a slip and fall incident:
- Get medical treatment. Go get checked out by a doctor right away, even if you do not feel any symptoms of physical injuries at the moment. Certain injuries, like internal injuries, bruising, and even brain injuries may not present symptoms immediately. A doctor can fully evaluate and diagnose any injuries and having a medical record of these will be a key piece of evidence for your claim.
- Report the slip and fall accident. You will want to inform a manager, landlord, security guard, or some type of personnel at the property of your injury. Keep your report clear and concise and do not add in anything other than what is necessary. You will want to keep a copy of this report for your records.
- Take pictures and get witness information. Witness statements could prove useful in backing your claim, so make sure you get the correct contact information of anyone that saw your slip and fall accident happen. If possible, take pictures of the area where you fell and the conditions that caused your accident, such as puddles of water, boxes, or other debris. You should also take pictures of your injuries. If you cannot take pictures, ask a friend or relative to do that for you, or even a bystander. Photographic evidence is very important in these cases. Make sure you also write down specific details related to the slip and fall while it is still fresh in your mind so that you do not forget anything important.
- Avoid making comments or giving statements about your slip and fall accident. Social media can be a detriment to your case if you post any information about your slip and fall accident on there. On that same note, do not provide a statement to your insurance company before speaking with an attorney. Anything you say or post could be used against you later on.
- Contact our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Lawyers at Whittel & Melton. Slip and fall accidents are complex cases and can be difficult to prove on your own. We can help make sure your rights are protected, gather the necessary evidence that is needed to support your claim, negotiate with the insurance companies involved, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. Call us today at 813-221-3200 or contact us online for a completely free consultation.
A slip and fall accident can result in various injuries to a victim, ranging from mild to severe. The following are pretty common injuries suffered in slip and fall accident:
- Soft tissue injuries, like torn ligaments, muscle strains, sprained wrists, etc. Head injuries that range from mild concussions that can heal rather quickly to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) that could result in permanent disability.
- Chemical burns, cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Broken bones or fractures
- Spinal cord injuries that lead to full or partial paralysis or chronic pain
When you are injured in a slip and fall accident you need to prove that your accident was caused by another person’s negligence in order to hold them legally liable and recover financial compensation. These cases usually involve a team of lawyers representing the other party, and you could find yourself in court presenting your claim. You need an expert fighting on your side to make sure you are not bullied into accepting a low-ball offer that will not cover anywhere near the costs associated with your injury. Our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Lawyers at Whittel & Melton will do everything we can to obtain the full and fair compensation you are entitled to.
A premises liability claim can be hard to fully understand, and sometimes an injury that occurs on a public property is no one’s fault. Let’s say you are picking up a jar of pickles at a convenience store and drop the jar and slip on the liquid. That slip and fall accident would be your fault since your own negligence caused it. However, if you slip and fall on a soda spill that was not cleaned up, then the store management is likely liable for your injuries suffered in a slip and fall incident.
Once our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Lawyers at Whittel & Melton can establish negligence, then we can gather evidence to validate your slip and fall claim, like medical bills, missed time from work, pain and suffering, physical therapy, lost wages, permanent disability, etc. From there, we can calculate your current and future damages in order to prove you are entitled to compensation.Contact our Tampa Gas Station and Convenience Store Slip and Fall Lawyers at Whittel & Melton To Learn More About Filing a Claim – 813-221-3200
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury at a convenience store or gas station in Tampa, St. Petersburg, or the surrounding areas, we recommend calling us at 813-221-3200 or contacting us online for a free consultation to learn more about how we can assist with your premises liability case. We can help you understand all of your legal options and make sure you fully understand your rights.