Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys
Pedestrians take to the streets of Tampa Bay on a daily basis. The sad reality is that too many drivers fail to give pedestrians the right of way. If you or someone you love was harmed in a pedestrian accident in the Tampa Bay area, then you may be able to hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions and seek financial compensation. Our Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton can help you understand your rights in a free consultation so that you can learn about all of your legal options. Call us today at 727-823-0000 or contact us online.
There are many reasons why pedestrians can get hit by a car, the most common being:
- A driver failing to yield to pedestrians
- Motorists turning in front of pedestrians at intersections
- Hit and run motor vehicle accidents
Usually pedestrians are not at fault for motor vehicle accidents as these are most often the result of drivers becoming distracted or negligent. If you have suffered injuries in a pedestrian or bike accident in Tampa, let our Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton work with you to make sure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained.What Should Be Done After a Pedestrian Accident?
A pedestrian accident, just like any other incident, requires fast action. The following steps should be taken following a pedestrian accident:
- Get immediate medical care for anyone who is injured
- Call 911 and get police to the scene of the accident
- Take pictures and videos of the scene
- Get the contact information for all parties involved
- If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their information as well
Following a pedestrian collision, you may be contemplating hiring a lawyer. Our Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton can guide you through the legal side of your accident so that you can stay focused on recovering from your injuries or caring for a family member that has been harmed.What Damages Can Be Recovered After a Pedestrian Accident?
When a pedestrian is struck by a car, truck, or SUV, numerous injuries can be suffered. If you were injured by a careless or negligent driver in Tampa or the surrounding areas, we can help you pursue a claim for damages through insurance or a personal injury lawsuit. You may be able to recover financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, punitive damages, and more.When Should I Contact a Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Lawyer?
Honestly, there is no right or wrong time to get in touch with our Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton. We are available 24/7, so whether you call us from the scene of the crash, from the hospital, or after reviewing a settlement offer from the insurance company, we can step in right away and handle all legal aspects of your case. We will answer all of your questions and make sure you are aware of your rights and help you make informed decisions regarding your case.
A few things worth mentioning:
- While insurance companies advertise to have your back when tragedy strikes, they are a for-profit business, so it is in their best interest to offer you lowball settlements to pay out your claim as quickly as possible. We will negotiate on your behalf to get you a fair settlement. As trial lawyers we are not afraid to pursue your best interests inside the courtroom, so if a fair settlement cannot be reached, then we will happily push through to trial to get you the best possible results.
- The at-fault driver in the crash will have legal representation. By hiring your own attorney, you are ensuring that you have the help you need to be on an even playing field with the other side. We will gather all appropriate evidence to support your claim and show that the driver’s negligence resulted in your suffering. Additionally, you can be sure the driver who struck you will have legal representation.
- Florida has a statute of limitations when it comes to personal injury and wrongful death cases. For personal injury cases, you have four years to start your claim. For wrongful death cases, you have two years to start your claim. If you let these deadlines pass, then you may lose out on being able to recover financial compensation.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers in the Tampa Bay area are here to advocate on your behalf. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are properly compensated for your losses in a pedestrian accident.
We don’t believe that you should have to pay for someone else’s negligence. Call Whittel & Melton today at 727-823-0000 to speak with us and schedule your free consultation. You can contact us online 24/7.