Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
We Fight For the Rights of Pedestrians Throughout the State of Florida
Tampa, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, Spring Hill, Brooksville, Inverness, Ocala, Gainesville, and everywhere in between
Sadly, car accidents and truck accidents involving pedestrians are quite common in the state of Florida, especially in busier urban cities like Tampa, St. Petersburg, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, and Miami. Pedestrian accidents usually result in very serious consequences, such as permanent disability, catastrophic injuries, and even the wrongful death of a family member. That is why when you are dealing with an accident of this magnitude you need to find a lawyer that has experience handling these types of cases. Our team of Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Whittel & Melton routinely help those who have been seriously injured by reckless and careless motorists while out walking, riding their bicycle, riding their motorcycle, or even riding an ATV or scooter. We know how best to help you and your loved ones get through this difficult time.
Our dedicated injury lawyers will do everything we can to get you maximum compensation for your suffering. We handle all the details of your case so that you can leave the worry to us and focus on recovering. If you or someone you care for has been harmed in a pedestrian accident anywhere in the state of Florida, we strongly urge you to call us at 866-608-5529 or contact us online as soon as possible so that we can make sure your rights are preserved.What Are the Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in the State of Florida?
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are talking on their phones or texting are a huge problem across the country, not just in Florida. When drivers fail to pay attention due to being distracted by their cell phone or other electronic devices, then serious accidents can occur, including fatal pedestrian collisions.
- Drivers Failing to See Pedestrians: Many drivers do not pay attention to those travelling on foot or by bicycle or motorcycle, so they fail to see them when pulling out of a parking lot or driveway. This is especially true when the pedestrian is a child and a motorist fails to notice them in a crosswalk, sidewalk or in a parking lot.
- Drunk Drivers: Drivers who are operating their vehicles under the influence of drugs and.or alcohol are a huge threat to pedestrians as well as all other motorists sharing the roadways with them.
- Drivers who Violate the Law: Drivers who speed or fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks are a huge contributor to the large number of pedestrian accidents every year.
- Fatigued Drivers: Studies show that drivers who operate a vehicle while extremely tired are just as dangerous as drunk drivers. Any driver that is impaired is a huge risk to pedestrians.
All motorists are required to follow the rules of the road and yield to pedestrians while keeping a safe distance from them.If a driver chooses to respect the rules of a crosswalk or ignore traffic signals then they can be held liable for an accident that occurs. Motorists MUST yield in the following situations:
- When there is a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk
- When there are children near a school zone crosswalk
- Pedestrians have a walk signal at an intersection
- Traffic signs that state there are no turns allowed when a pedestrian is present
- Pedestrians that are using a sidewalk to cross a private alley or driveway
- Pedestrians that are in an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection that has a stop sign
Just like drivers, pedestrians have a responsibility to prevent accidents by staying alert and using crosswalks. Under Florida law, pedestrians MUST:
- Obey all traffic control devices
- Use sidewalks whenever possible. If none are available, pedestrians must walk on the left shoulder of the road facing any approaching traffic.
- Refrain from standing in roadways meant for motor vehicle traffic
- When using a crosswalk, walk to the right half
Our Florida Pedestrian Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton are committed to helping pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and ATV/scooter riders who have been seriously harmed in a motor vehicle accident. We know the toll that these kinds of accidents take on a family and we want you to know that we will take care of all your legal needs. Whether you have suffered an injury or are grieving the loss of a loved one, we will work hard to get you the justice that you need and deserve. Call us today at 866-608-5529 or contact us online.
- Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident Injury Lawyers
- New Port Richey Pedestrian Accident Injury Lawyers
- St. Petersburg Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Tampa Bay Pedestrian Injury Attorneys
- Gainesville and University of Florida Pedestrian Injury Lawyer
- University of South Florida Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- University of Florida Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Florida Atlantic University Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Miami Beach Pedestrian Injury Lawyer