Levy County Car Accident Lawyers
Being injured in a car crash is a terrifying experience. Many people involved in car accidents wish they could go back in time and prevent the collision from happening, but sadly life does not work like that. Our Levy County Car Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton know that we cannot turn back the hands of time and provide you with the life you had before your car accident, but we can give you something else – the financial compensation you need for all of the things you lost, such as your job, time, money, your health, and maybe even a loved one. We will fight for the justice you need and deserve so that you can move forward with your life.
After a car crash, many people say that they do not want to legal headache of a lawsuit and that they are not out for revenge or profit. A car accident claim is not about money or getting back at someone, it is about getting what is rightfully yours. It is not fair that you were harmed because of someone else’s careless mistake. A settlement from your crash can help you recover a little bit of what you have lost. Our Levy County Car Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton believe that you are owed what is fair and we will not stop fighting until you receive just that.Why Do You Need to Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
There are many reasons you should not go about filing a lawsuit on your own. For starters, studies indicate that victims of car crashes recover about 3 ½ times more than someone who pursues a legal claim without legal representation. We offer a completely free consultation and will go over every step of the process in detail with you. We do not get paid unless or until you do, so you have the peace of mind that we will go to bat for you and negotiate with the insurance companies involved so that you don’t have to. The insurance company has a team of lawyers fighting for their best interests, so you should, too.
We can investigate your case and determine who was at fault and prove this in court. You will need a tough lawyer on your side who can fight for you and level the playing field, especially because the insurance company will likely try and resist your claim.What Can Our Levy County Car Accident Lawyers Do for You?
We can start by actively launching a complete investigation into your car accident, utilizing experts to pinpoint how the crash happened, who is at fault, and what the full extent of the damages are. From there, we can assess how much your automobile accident claim is worth. On top of that, we can do the following:
- Appear in traffic court on your behalf
- Collect critical documents for evidence such as:
- Police report from the crash
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Collect photos or videos of the accident scene, including video surveillance from any nearby businesses
- Take Photos of vehicular damage and your personal injuries
- Collect repair estimates for your vehicle
- Gather eyewitness statements
- Subpoena cell phone records and other electronic evidence
- Gather lost wage forms from your employer
- Negotiate with the insurance company so that you can avoid a lengthy trial OR represent you in court if the insurance company refuses to settle for a fair amount
Our mission is to help those who have been injured in car accidents that were not their fault. We have years of handling car accident cases, and we have seen it all. We are aggressive and tough trial lawyers who will not back down from fighting for car accident victims and their families. We know that we cannot put your life back to exactly the way it was before the accident, but we can help see to it that you get justice. Call us now at 352-264-7800 in Levy County or contact us online for a free consultation so that we can begin helping you immediately.How Do You Know if You Have a Legitimate Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you or someone you love has been harmed or killed in a car crash that was due to another person’s recklessness, then you may be wondering how you go about getting justice after dealing with the injury or grief. This justice comes from a victim filing a lawsuit, but you may be wondering if you have a valid legal claim. There are 3 requirements for a car accident claim to be filed in court:
- Negligence – You must show that the other driver’s careless or reckless actions caused or contributed to the crash. For example, was the at-faulty driver speeding? Was he operating his car under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Was she texting or putting on makeup? These details are very important for a car accident claim.
- Injury – Did you suffer bodily harm from the accident? Maybe you broke a bone or suffered a severe head injury. The other driver’s negligence could be considered the cause of the crash when you have suffered an injury.
- Damages – Did your bodily injuries lead to hefty medical bills, lost time from work, or anything else that can be broken down in dollars and cents terms? Anything that adds up to a dollar amount can be added on to your total amount of damages from the accident, and in turn be added to the total dollar amount of what your claim is worth.
Our experienced Levy County Car Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton can help you determine whether you have a car accident claim. We urge you to call us now at 352-264-7800 or contact us online for a free evaluation.