Florida Grocery Store Fall Injury Lawyer
Florida Supermarket and Grocery Store Accident Injury Lawyers
Whittel & Melton Statewide Claims, Settlements and Results
Call Today. Do Not Delay. 866-608-5529
Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Gainesville, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg
Everyone visits the grocery store or supermarket several times a month to grab groceries, pick up a last-minute item to prepare dinner, or to just grab a quick snack. No one ever expects to get hurt while shopping, so when an accident does happen at the supermarket, it is important to understand if you have a valid injury claim that could mean you are entitled to financial compensation for your losses. Call Today to speak with a Florida Supermarket Injury Attorney 866-608-5529.
Most grocery store and supermarket incidents are caused by slip and falls, but there are many other ways you can be harmed while shopping. All grocery stores and supermarkets are required by law to follow a standard duty of care when it comes to customer safety as soon as they enter the premises. If a customer trips and falls or slips on a slick surface and falls, or is injured in any other way while on the property, then they may be fully entitled to recover monetary compensation for their injuries. Have a Florida Grocery Store Injury Lawyer investigate your claim today 866-608-5529.
If you or someone you love was injured while shopping at a grocery store or supermarket in Florida, then our Florida Supermarket and Grocery Store Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are here to help. We have decades of experience handling premises liability cases throughout the state of Florida, so we are fully prepared to take on your case and see it through to trial if that is what it takes to recover the maximum compensation for your suffering. Our Florida Grocery Store Injury Lawyers are ready to start working on your claim today 866-608-5529.Grocery Stores and Supermarkets in Florida
From mom and pop convenience stores to larger grocery stores and supermarket chains, Florida has it all. Here is a list of grocery stores and supermarkets you can find throughout the state of Florida:
- Whole Foods Market
- Super Walmart
- Super Target
- Trader Joe’s
- Winn Dixie
- Save A Lot
- Costco/Sam’s Club/BJ’s
Supermarkets and grocery stores are generally kept in good condition for shoppers, but with the large number of shoppers that come through a store a day, it is easy for accidents to happen. While supermarkets and grocery stores are regulated by federal and state agencies like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), injuries on their property are a big concern and can happen at any time. That is why insurance companies have to closely monitor every grocery store and supermarket for their risks to customers as well as the safety policies and procedures they have set in place. Every grocery store and supermarket are obligated to keep their stores clean, safe and holding their employees accountable for carrying out their proper standards of care, such as keeping accurate records of cleaning and inspection checklists.
Our Florida Convenience Store Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys are Standing By Insurance companies and supermarket corporations require routine inspections of the entire premises of grocery stores and supermarkets, this includes parking lots and other areas surrounding the stores, in order to minimize the number of injury claims that are brought against them. They also use video surveillance to defend personal injury claims as well as deter shoplifting from occurring. If you were injured on the property of a grocery store or supermarket, then it can be quite difficult to recover a copy of the supermarket or grocery store video surveillance. Our Florida Supermarket and Grocery Store Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton routinely handle slip and fall, and premises liability cases and we appear regularly in court asking the judge to urge the grocery store or supermarket to release closed caption video surveillance tapes that captured your injury as it occurred.
It is absolutely crucial to the outcome of your case to choose the right Florida Personal Injury Attorney who will do everything they can to fight for you and your family. You should be informed about how to select the best attorney for your needs, so always ask to see their credentials and recent case results/qualifications before you hire anyone.What Are the Most Common Causes of Florida Grocery Store or Supermarket Injuries?
As we mentioned before, there are many ways to suffer harm on the premises of a grocery store or supermarket, aside from a slip and fall accident. The following are common scenarios we have seen over the years of helping personal injury victims:
- Leaky roofs, leaks from refrigerated cases, air conditioners and frozen food areas
- Slip and Fall on defective painted stripes in parking lots
- Cuts and injuries from damaged shopping carts and shelves
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks, crosswalks, pavements, curb stops or other flooring
- Entrance and exit areas/doors that are not working properly
- Floor mats in the wrong places or are just missing/damaged
- Construction defects – exposed rebar from parking stop or wall, misaligned shelving
- Spilled foods, liquids, fruits, vegetables in aisles
- Bathroom leaks, busted pipes, toilet and sink in disrepair, water and other spills
Our Florida Supermarket and Grocery Store Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton have seen all kinds of accidents like those mentioned above happen to customers just like you out on their weekly/monthly shopping trips. Victims can suffer from broken bones and fractures, torn ligaments and muscles, brain trauma, cuts and loss of limbs, sprains, strains, disc injuries, and even wrongful death from a visit to local Supermarket or Grocery Store. The medical aspect of your injury claim is very important when it comes to recovering financial compensation. Your attorney will need to work with your medical provider’s in order to gather the proper evidence to help prove your claim, like bills and reports. Simply treating with a physician is not enough, these doctors and medical staff need to report on specific inquiries that insurance companies and our legal system require to make successful recoveries. An inexperienced lawyer or individual can be caught off guard and, in a situation, too late to fix if a client’s medical care is not managed properly. We will investigate your accident with a goal to recover the proper evidence needed to build the most effective case on your behalf. We strongly recommend that you call us today at 866-608-5529 or contact us online for a free consultation to get started on your Florida Grocery Store Injury claim.How Can You Help Build a Strong Grocery Store or Supermarket Injury Claim?
Knowing what to do after an unexpected accident at the grocery store or supermarket can make all the difference in the outcome of your injury claim. Here are our recommendations for what to do after an accident at a grocery store or supermarket:
- Ask to speak to the manager. Doing this immediately after an accident will keep the manager informed and aware of where your accident occurred and how it happened.
- Request a copy of the indecent report. Most grocery stores and supermarkets will be required to file an incident report when an accident occurs documenting the date and time and all other relevant details. Ask the manager of the store for a copy of the report, as you are entitled to that.
- Always get medical care even if you don’t think your injuries are that serious. If you were seriously harmed, then alert someone at the store to call 911 if you cannot. If you are not taken to the hospital, then go to a doctor as soon as you can to get evaluated for any injuries. Tell your doctor how you were hurt and the necessary details so that they are kept in the loop.
- Take pictures of your injuries and the scene of the accident. Most people have their cell phone on them so snapping a few pictures of the accident site should not be too difficult to do. Make sure your phone documents the date/time of the photos. If a leaky fridge is what you slipped on, then take pictures of it. If a malfunctioning door caused your injuries, then take a video of how it was operating at the time you were hurt.
- Speak with any witnesses. Get the contact information of any people that saw the accident happen. Getting their statements can be of great use to your potential claim.
- Ask for surveillance footage. As we mentioned before, the store may be reluctant to release the footage to you, but it cannot hurt to ask to see it.
- Get the store’s insurance information. You can ask the manager for the store’s insurance company information so that you will know who you will be dealing with in regard to requesting compensation for your injury. You want to follow up with the manager to make sure that they submit the accident report to the store/property owner in order to get the ball rolling with your injury claim.
If you have been injured in a grocery store or supermarket accident in Florida, please call our Florida Supermarket and Grocery Store Accident Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton at 866-608-5529 or contact us online today. We will fight to get you maximum compensation for your suffering. Your consultation with us is always free and we only get paid if we are able to get you monetary damages for your injuries.