Brooksville, FL Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Brooksville, Florida Careless Driving Crash Attorneys
Representing Hernando County Drivers Injured throughout Florida
Don’t Face the Judge Alone!
11020 Northcliffe Blvd.
Spring Hill, FL 34608
♦ Proudly Serving Victims of Auto Accidents in Brooksville, Spring Hill, Weeki Wachee, Ridge Manor ♦
Handling all Injury and Death matters arising from automobile,
truck, ATV, motorcycle accidents, wrecks or catastrophic crashes.
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of reasons, including speed, alcohol, defective brakes, icy roads, poor lighting and numerous other causes. While the list of reasons for accidents can go on and on, distracted drivers on Florida’s roadways are by far the most dangerous, causing 16 percent of all fatal collisions in the U.S. in 2009.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 5,474 people were killed and another 448,000 were estimated to have suffered injuries due to distracted drivers on U.S. roadways in 2009. Of those killed in driver distraction type scenarios, 995 reportedly involved a cell phone or handheld device as a distraction. Shockingly, of all fatal car collisions involving distracted drivers, adult drivers age 30-39 had the highest proportion of cell phone involvement. The greatest number of inattentive drivers lied within the under-20 age group. Accordingly, 16 percent of all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal collisions were reportedly distracted while driving.
Anything that distracts a driver’s attention from the primary task of driving increases the risk of collision involvement and other road errors. When a driver of any age decides to avert their eyes from the road for 10 seconds or more, they undoubtedly create a risky situation for themselves and everyone else traveling the roadways alongside them. If you have been involved in an auto accident due to another driver’s inattentive driving, the Florida Car Crash Lawyers at Whittel & Melton can help you and your family members recover compensation for any injuries as well as damages to your vehicle.
Call today for the Brooksville Car Accident Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton, LLC to assist with your injury claim! 352-666-6666
Our staff can help you protect and assert your rights if you or a loved one was harmed in a fatal accident when another driver was being reckless and not paying attention to the road. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles describes distracted driving as engaging in any of the following activities:
- Drinking or Eating
- Driving with an animal in the car
- Observing a crash site or a road construction scene
- Making adjustments to the radio, CD player, I-pod, GPS or any other electronic device
- Interacting with a passenger in the vehicle or helping a child in the same car
- Grabbing, lighting, dropping or putting out a cigarette
- Reaching for, dialing, speaking or texting on a cell phone
- Searching for random items in the car such as a wallet, lip gloss, loose change or a drink bottle
- Making adjustments to seats, mirrors, windows or lights inside the automobile
The lawyers at Whittel & Melton can effectively evaluate the circumstances of your case and use certain discovery and litigation techniques to prove fault in an inattentive driver when distractions occurred. If a distracted driver injured you or a family member while using their cell phone, we can obtain the phone records and prove the driver was not paying attention to the roadways at the moment of impact. If your loved one was the victim of wrongful death, we can analyze every distinct facet of the accident and put that information towards maximizing compensation opportunities, including the multifaceted side of insurance denials and disputes against large or small scale carriers.
We can assist you in speaking to health insurers, doctors and even subrogated insurance carriers about your accident and will always negotiate a fair settlement or verdict. In addition, we are dedicated to making sure that your bills are paid and that any liens are prevented.
If another person’s inattentive driving caused you or your loved ones to suffer, the Florida Careless Driving Accident Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are prepared to investigate and prosecute your claim accordingly.
Call Whittel & Melton today or reach us online 24/7 to set up your free consultation. You can reach our offices statewide and toll-free at 1-866-608-5LAW (5529). If you were injured in Brooksville, Spring Hill or elsewhere in Hernando County or throughout the state of Florida, call us any time, night or day at 352-666-6666. We can even make house calls and hospital visits at your convenience, so do not delay.
Brooksville – Hernando County Careless Driving Accident Lawyers
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Don’t Face the Judge Alone!
- Child Passenger Safety Week Is September 15-21 : Tips for Keeping Kids Safe Children and caregivers all across the U.S. transport children to and from school, daycare, the store, and around town in car seats and boosters. What
- School Is In Session For Hernando County, So Obey School Year Road Rules Hernando County schools are back in session starting Monday, so expect to see law enforcement officers out in full force in school zones as classes
- Florida Head-On Collision Lawyer: Dump Truck Overturns in Hernando County to Avoid Head-On Collision A dump truck overturned in Hernando County while avoiding a head-on collision with an SUV, just a few days ago. The dump truck was traveling eastbound