Tampa Social Security Disability Benefits Attorneys
If you are seeking social security disability benefits, then you will need to file an application with the Social Security Administration (SSA). Your claim can be filed over the phone, online, or in person at a Social Security Office located near your residence. Our professional Tampa Social Security Disability Benefits Attorneys and lawyers have extensive knowledge about the social security disability claims benefit process and what is needed to assemble your application and file it appropriately. We can also prepare for and attend a disability claim hearing if you have been denied benefits.
Whatever stage of the claim process you are in and whatever your specific disability, our Tampa Social Security Disability Benefits Attorneys can advise you about the legal requirements you must meet and prepare the strongest case on your behalf so that you have the best chances of receiving an approval of benefits. We encourage you to contact us today at 813-221-3200 or online to discuss your social security disability.Do I Really Need an SSDI or SSI Lawyer in Tampa to Help Get My Benefits?
You can apply for SSDI and SSI benefits without the help of an attorney. However, with the number of applicants who get denied benefits being so high (approximately 63%), it is recommended to work with a lawyer who can guide you through the process and help you with an appeal if needed in front an Administrative Law Judge. You will need to be prepared properly for your appeal in order to be successful.What Documentation Do I Need to Submit with My Application?
The claims process for social security disability is started as soon as you file your benefits application with the SSA. Prior to submitting an application, you need to gather necessary documents that will support your claim and submit this along with the application. It helps to have everything you need assembled before submitting the paperwork to the SSA so that they have everything that is needed included to make their decision. By having the proper documents attached to your application, you can speed the approval process up. Here is a list of what you will need:
- Tax forms or W-2 forms from previous years
- Social Security numbers for your family - spouse and all minor children
- Bank account and routing numbers
- Contact information and names of anyone who is aware of your disability (they can support your medical condition)
- Military discharge information if applicable – Form DD 214
- ALL medical records from ALL doctors, hospitals, clinics that you have visited
- Contact information (names, addresses, phone numbers) for all medical providers that have treated you
- A list of all medications that you have been prescribed and the doctors who prescribed them
- A summary of your past five jobs – include the job duties and the dates worked
- Any worker’s compensation claims that you have filed or other insurance claims (include claim numbers and insurance contact information)
Our Tampa Social Security Disability Benefits Lawyers will take on numerous responsibilities to see to it that your claim is accepted, including:
- Gathering the necessary medical records and up to date information and relaying it to Social Security office or Disability Determination Services (DDS) examiner
- Getting in touch with your medical providers to get detailed summaries of your medical conditions so your disability is properly documented
- Preparing all parts of your application and submitting it within the allotted time frame
- Preparing all paperwork for appeals
- Meeting all deadlines set forth by DDS examiner
- Gathering any other paperwork/documents that are needed so that your claim is successful
While no one can guarantee what your SSDI application outcome will be, we can promise to prepare your claim to the best of our abilities in order to provide you with the best chance of success. If you do need to appeal the SSA’s decision, then we will represent your interests before an Administrative Law Judge. In our experience, failing to have representation during the appeals process drastically decreases your chances of a favorable decision.
Our Tampa Social Security Disability Benefits Lawyers are here for you and your family to help with SSDI and SSI cases. We can handle claims throughout the state of Florida and welcome you to contact us statewide at 866-608-5529 for a free consultation. You can contact us online or call 813-221-3200 for help in the Tampa Bay area.