Pasco County Hurricane Claim Attorneys Whittel & Melton : Hurricane Preparedness for Dorian
Hurricane season officially begins June 1st, peaks September 10th, and officially ends November 30th. Our Pasco County Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton have compiled some helpful information on being prepared for any tropical storms and hurricanes that occur during the season and appropriate steps to take in the event you have a home, business, or property that is affected by a storm.List of 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Names:
While there’s no way to prevent a tropical storm or hurricane, you should take steps to protect your loved ones and property from a storm. Our Pasco County Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melon are committed to making New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills, Land O’Lakes, Hudson, Holiday, Lutz, Trinity and Wesley Chapel a safe place for all. Below we have outlined some practical safety measures, and how we can help you rebuild after a hurricane, like Hurricane Dorian.Hurricane Preparedness for Homeowners & Property Owners
It is very important for homeowners to keep proper records of their property’s condition in the event that it is necessary to file a claim through their insurance company.Before a Tropical Storm or Hurricane:
- Take pictures of your property.
- If you are not able to get any pictures before a storm, collect the most recent photos you have taken of your property.
- Once it is safe to do so, take pictures of your property’s interior, exterior, and roof.
- Before making any statements to your insurance company or meeting with an adjuster, consult with an attorney who can handle insurance claims.
- Homeowners should get an inspection performed by a qualified contractor and/or roofer to assess whether the hurricane force winds have damaged or diminished the roofing system.
If you, or someone you know, have been a victim of a tropical storm or hurricane, our Pasco County Hurricane Claim Attorneys at Whittel & Melton can help. Pasco County is our home, so we know how devastating the effects of hurricanes can be for our neighbors. If your home or property is damaged by Dorian, we can work with you so that the insurance company does not try to deny you coverage. We will listen to you and help you identify the next steps to take. We are always available 24/7, so call us at 727-847-2299.