New Port Richey Medical Malpractice Lawyers
New Port Richey Hospital Error Attorney
Call Today 727-847-2299
Suffering injuries, harm or an illness due to medical malpractice can be devastating, not only for the victim but for their family as well. Our New Port Richey Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Whittel & Melton understand your suffering and know what you are going through. We have proudly helped numerous families in similar situations recover from these catastrophic events, and we are happy to represent you in court and help you obtain justice.What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can be defined as the negligence or mistake of a health care professional during a treatment, surgery or diagnosis of a patient. This medical negligence can be caused by a mistake in the health care provider’s actions or omissions that directly affect the patient’s health, causing them harm.
Health care providers that treated you as a patient owe you a duty of care. Despite the harm, injuries or illness you suffered due to a medical professional’s mistake including, doctors, obstetricians, nurses, medical staff or hospitals, you can contact us at Whittel & Melton when you need legal representation for a medical malpractice claim. We have handled hundreds of cases like yours and are proud to say that we have obtained financial settlements that allow families to start recovering for all the damages that they have suffered. Call us now at 727-847-2299 for a free case consultation or contact us online.Medical Malpractice in Florida
Sadly, medical malpractice is much more common than you might think. Not all of these cases make for popular news headlines, but according to the National Practitioner Databank, three states took the lead in medical malpractice claims in the the country from 2009-2018, and Florida was third on the list just behind New York and California with nearly 10,800 reports of medical malpractice.
There are many victims of medical malpractice in Florida, some of which have had unsuccessful medical negligence claims due to a bad legal strategy or not knowing that they can take legal action for the medical malpractice they suffered. If you believe you or someone you love suffered from medical malpractice, call us today for a free, no obligation consultation so that we can review your claim and let you know if you may be entitled to financial compensation due to medical malpractice.Medical Malpractice: A Leading Cause of Death in the United States
We trust our lives and the lives of our loved ones to physicians and all medical professionals every time we suffer an illness or injury and we need medical treatment. We believe that these medical professionals will provide us with the best medical attention possible and they won’t cause more harm than good.
Unfortunately, sometimes medical professional’s make mistakes. When a healthcare professional causes health problems to their patient or even death, they could be held liable for all damages if it can be demonstrated that they failed to live up to their standard of care and their negligent actions resulted in harm.
Sadly, there are many fatal victims of medical malpractice in the United States. According to recent studies from Johns Hopkins University, more than 250,000 people die every year in the United States due to preventable medical mistakes. Medical malpractice is also the third top cause of death in the country, just behind cancer and heart disease.
Medical professionals, hospitals and insurance companies know the risks of medical malpractice and the potential economic losses they can suffer, which is why they usually try to get victims to waive their rights or sign various documents before undergoing a medical procedure. They also pay enormous amounts of money to attorneys to defend them against lawsuits, which is why medical negligence claims require an attorney who is experienced in litigating these claims. You don’t want just any personal injury lawyer taking on your claim. You need a skilled attorney that knows how to handle medical malpractice claims in New Port Richey and throughout the state of Florida. Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are here to help you, so call us now at 727-847-2299.Understanding Medical Malpractice
At Whittel & Melton we have handled many different medical malpractice claims and have been successful in obtaining financial compensation on behalf of our clients best interests. Below we have listed some of the most common acts or omissions that are considered medical malpractice:
- Failure to Diagnose: This happens when a doctor fails to follow the correct steps in order to diagnose a patient’s medical problem and makes an incorrect diagnosis regarding the patient’s health. A wrong diagnosis can result in serious injury or even death to the patient.
- Birth Injuries: This constitutes any type of harm that happens during the birth of a baby or right after it. Many times newborn babies suffer from minor injuries, like bruises, but these injuries will heal and won’t result in any permanent damage. Injuries that lead to very serious complications, like brachial palsy, brachial plexus, cephalohematoma, broken bones, nerve damage, spinal cord damage, facial paralysis, brain damage and others can result in medical care that is needed for life or even result in wrongful death.
- Surgical Errors: A surgical error is a preventable mistake made during surgery that can leave a patient suffering from further health problems or injuries. For example, the doctor performed the wrong operation or conducted surgery on the wrong body part or even performed a surgery on the wrong patient.
- Medication Mistakes: The right medication at the right moment can save a patient’s life, and when the wrong meds are administered the results can be catastrophic. Instead of a patient receiving the correct medication that will improve their health, they are given the wrong medication that has no positive effect, and could actually result in the death of the patient. Medication errors also include administering the wrong doses and writing wrong prescriptions.
- Wrongful Death: Dealing with the death of a loved one is never easy, especially when it was caused by a preventable mistake made by a health care professional who was trusted with your loved one’s life and acted carelessly causing irreparable damages.
The list above is no way exhaustive. There are many other types of medical malpractice claims, such as:
- Delayed diagnosis
- Early discharge
- Anesthesia errors
- Misread x-rays
- Misread lab results
- Wrong site side surgery
- Emergency room mistakes
- Hospital mistakes
- Nursing home errors
- Wrong use of medical tools
Our New Port Richey Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Whittel & Melton are skilled, and specialized to successfully handle medical malpractice claims. We have helped numerous families throughout the state of Florida recover damages for the harm caused by a medical professional’s mistake.
You may have the right to seek financial compensation for all the suffering you have had to endure as a result of medical negligence. If you believe you were a victim of medical malpractice, we urge you to contact our New Port Richey Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Whittel & Melton today. We are available to answer all of your questions 24/7, so call us now at 727-847-2299.Contact Us For Help with Your Medical Malpractice Claim in New Port Richey
At Whittel & Melton, our goal is to help every medical malpractice victim in New Port Richey and throughout the state of Florida recover compensation for their suffering. We know many victims never pursue rightful medical malpractice claims, or when they do, they select the wrong lawyer to fight for them and are unsuccessful in their recovery.
We firmly believe that every victim of malpractice has the right to hire the best attorney to protect their rights, which is why we have built a legal team specialized in medical malpractice claims. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we won’t charge you any fees until we recover a financial award for you. You do not need to concern yourself with money in order for us to get started on your claim. We take on all the financial risk upfront so that you do not have to. We are committed attorneys that will do everything we can to help you recover from these catastrophic events.
Call us today at 727-847-2299 or contact us online for a completely free consultation so that you can learn more about if we may be able to help you. We can help with your medical malpractice matters in New Port Richey, Zephyrhills, Dade City, Hudson, Holiday, Land O'Lakes, Lutz, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, and everywhere else in the surrounding area.