Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Inverness, FL Hospital Error Attorney
Call Us Today 352-726-0078
Our Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton proudly represent people from all over the state of Florida whose lives have been deeply affected by medical negligence. We are experienced medical malpractice attorneys who are able to fight for justice on behalf of victims who have been injured or lost loved ones due to the negligent actions of medical personnel.
Anytime you go see a physician, visit the emergency room or hospital, seek medical care at an urgent care facility, or pick up a prescription at a pharmacy, you place a certain level of trust in the health care practitioners that are providing you with the care that you need. When doctors, nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, or other staff violate your trust, you can be left worse off than you were before, which only exacerbates your suffering and leaves you with mounting medical bills along with your declining health. We want to encourage you to not give up your fight or hope. Our experienced Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are dedicated to helping you and your loved ones get back on the road to recovery while we fight for justice.What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice or medical negligence happens when a patient suffers harm due to medical mistakes or the careless actions of a medical provider or institution. There is a standard level of care that all medical practitioners are upheld to, and when the care they provide falls below the expected standard of care in the medical community, then this places the patient at serious risk for injury or even death. What is the standard of care? Simply put, this is the procedures, methods, and other courses of action that other medical professionals treating a patient with similar symptoms or injuries would have used. If your doctor or other medical provider’s actions deviated from the standard of care, then you may very well be the victim of medical malpractice.Is Medical Malpractice a Serious Problem?
Sadly, medical malpractice is not uncommon in the United States. A study from Johns Hopkins shows that 250,000 people die annually in the U.S. because of preventable medical mistakes. Thousands more suffer serious injuries. This same study also found that medical malpractice is the third highest cause of death in this country. To further reiterate the severity of this problem, a national survey of nearly 6,700 American doctors that was published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings shows that just three months before the survey, one in ten doctors made a major medical mistake. This means that thousands of people suffer harm from the medical care they receive. The toll this can take on a person and their family is absolutely devastating.Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Claim in Inverness?
We are happy to provide you with a free consultation with our Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton today to determine if you have a valid medical negligence claim. You can call us now at 352-726-0078 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
In order for you to have a valid medical malpractice claim, you must generally meet the following criteria:
- It must be demonstrated that your medical practitioner owed you a duty. This means that we must show that you and your medical care provider had a provider-patient relationship, such as an expecting mother routinely visiting her OB GYN or a cancer patient visiting their oncologist.
- You must have developed a significant injury or suffered substantial harm or lost a loved one as a direct result of the negligence of a doctor, nurse, medical professional, healthcare facility, or hospital.
- You must show that the healthcare practitioner acted negligently. It is not enough to show that they made a medical mistake as doctors and other medical professionals are humans and can make mistakes, just like you or me. A mistake does not automatically mean you are the victim of medical malpractice. For a mistake to reach the level of malpractice, it must be demonstrated that the error breached the medical standard of care.
- Lastly, it must be shown that the healthcare practitioner failed to provide appropriate care which caused your injuries or harm.
Our Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton are happy to review your medical negligence claim free of charge and without any obligation. We can determine if your healthcare provider is responsible for your resulting injuries or losses.What Damages Can We Recover for You in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
While we cannot place a number on your damages before making proper determinations, including evaluating your claim and working with financial and medical experts to fully assess the damages, we can tell you that there may be several kinds of damages available to you.
- General damages are those that refer to physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, disability, disfigurement, etc. Our team of experts can testify about the usual consequences of your injury or suffering and what the monetary value is.
- Special damages refer to monetary damages like medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, etc.
- Wrongful death damages are those that can be recovered if there has been a death due to medical malpractice. The family of the deceased patient may be able to recover financial compensation for their losses, such as loss of companionship, funeral and burial costs, and other financial losses that resulted from the patient’s untimely death.
Our experienced Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton can guide you through the laws pertaining to medical negligence claims and help you seek maximum compensation for your losses.What Makes Whittel & Melton Different?
Medical malpractice claims can be compex. When you are seeking financial compensation from hospitals, doctors, and their insurance companies, you can expect to go up against their teams of defense lawyers who will do everything they can to protect their clients. With that said, this is not the time to leave your case in the hands of an inexperienced attorney. You want our experienced Inverness Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton who can fight for you and have a proven record of getting clients excellent results.
You have our promise that we will fully investigate whether your doctor or medical provider followed proper standards, that the hospital was staffed properly and the facility was safe, that your vital signs and medications were properly monitored, and that all proper procedures and protocols were followed.
Most importantly, we have the experience, resources, and experts on our side to win medical malpractice cases. We do not back down from a fight and do not care how large the medical facilities are that have caused you harm. We want to provide you with peace of mind and help you restore your life. We know that we may not be able to undo all of the damage you have endured, but we can help hold the individuals responsible accountable for their negligence and make sure that you are not left dealing with staggering expenses.We Fight for Justice for Victims of Medical Malpractice
We firmly believe that every person harmed by medical malpractice deserves their day in court. We stand by the fact that medical professionals should be held accountable and face consequences for any harm they cause their patients. Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Whittel & Melton also feel that it is our job to help victims achieve justice so that medical providers and facilities can stop putting profits ahead of patients.Call Whittel & Melton For Help Today - 352-726-0078
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice in Inverness or elsewhere in Citrus County, then we want to help you fight for justice. We know the emotional, physical, and financial toll medical errors can place on you and your loved ones. We urge you to place your trust in us and let us provide you with a free consultation so that you can learn more about all of your legal options. We want to help you maximize your chances of recovery. You can call us at 352-726-0078 or contact us online 24/7.
When you meet with us, you can expect your case to be kept confidential. We will answer any questions you have and provide you with our expert opinion. Meeting with us for a free consultation places you under no obligation to work with us, but if you do decide to let us help you, we will keep you informed every step of the way and promise to do everything we can to get you full and fair compensation.