Gainesville Social Security Disability Attorneys
Social Security Disability benefits are available to those that suffer from serious mental or physical medical conditions that prevent them from being able to work. If you are disabled in Gainesville or elsewhere in Alachua County, then you may be able to acquire Social Security Disability benefits and our Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyers can help you with your initial application or the appeals process if your claim has been denied for any reason. Keep in mind that the government estimates that about 70% of applicants are denied their rightful benefits due to technical and other errors, so it is in your best interest to let our Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyers help with your Social Security disability claim today. Call us now at 352-264-7800 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.Do I Really Need a Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyer?
The short answer is yes. When you apply for Social Security Disability benefits you may run into some complications, and having an attorney who is experienced in these matters on your side can be invaluable. In fact, applicants who have a lawyer on their side during this process have a much higher rate of success than applicants go it alone on their disability claim.
When you apply for Social Security Disability benefits there is more to it than just filling out some forms. If you want to be successful, you must take your time and be as accurate as possible when documenting your medical and work history. You will have to provide the correct documentation to supplement your claims and if you fail to meet the Social Security Administration’s strict standards, then your application will likely be denied even if you are technically entitled to benefits according to the law.
For these reasons alone, you need a lawyer who has experience handling these claims to get you through this process. Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyers have a thorough knowledge of the disability application process and we can help you with your initial application or even an appeal. We will fight for the benefits that you need and deserve, and will do so for no fees. We only recover payment if we are successful in gaining your benefits.What Can We Do to Help You?
Our Gainesville Social Security Disability Attorneys can help you with all stages of the disability application process. We can assist with the following:
- Making sure you fully understand the application process and whether you are entitled to benefits according to the law
- Helping you gather the necessary information for your application and filing it correctly
- Assisting you obtain medical records needed to further prove your claim
- Filing an appeal in a timely manner
- Prepping any witnesses for your appeals hearing
- Finding necessary expert witnesses to testify on your behalf
- Representing you in court for all matters pertaining to your Social Security Disability claim
If you are one of the millions of Americans that have applied for Social Security Disability benefits and have been denied, please know that you are not alone. Our Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyers encourage you to not give up. Do you need help with an initial application? We can assist you with any phase of the application or appeals process.
Our Gainesville Social Security Disability Lawyers focus on securing disability benefits for clients in Alachua County. We have helped numerous individuals who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits gain approval on their appeals. We handle all of our Social Security Disability benefits cases for free with no upfront fees, so you only pay if we are able to secure benefits for you.How Does the Appeals Process Work?
If you are like so many others and have your Social Security Disability benefits denied, then you have three general options:
- Give Up (we do not recommend doing this): This will just ensure that you never receive the benefits you need and deserve, so it is not the best course of action.
- Reapply for your Social Security Disability Benefits: This means that you will have to start from scratch and still could have your benefits denied. If you are denied a second time, then you will need to proceed to the appeal level anyways.
- Appeal Your Denial Social Security Disability Benefits: You have 60 days from receiving your denial letter to file an appeal. This can be a complicated and drawn-out process involving several stages. The first step in the process is to request a reconsideration, which is essentially a request to the government to review your application once again. If no errors were made in the initial application and there is no further medical evidence to compel the government to reconsider, then your application will likely be denied again. If your request for reconsideration is denied, then you will need to request a in front of an Administrative Law Judge. In order to be successful in court, you need an attorney who is experienced in this field and can present pertinent evidence and legal arguments. If you are once again denied by the Administrative Law Judge, then you have two additional levels of appeal – (1.) Appeals Council Review and (2.) U.S. District Court.
If you are suffering from a mental or physical disability that is keeping your from being able to work, then please let us help you. Call us now at 352-264-7800 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation to learn more about your rights and what we may be able to do for you.