Whittel & Melton, LLC 2019-2020 Hernando County College Scholarship Competition
Providing 3 Hernando County high school seniors with a $500 scholarship to help with tuition costs at a 4-year university.
College costs have hit an all-time high. In fact, according to educationdata.org:
- For the 2018-2019 academic year, public college tuition costs an average of $10,230 annually.
- During that same time period, private college tuition costs an average of $35,830 per year.
- There was an estimated $1.5 trillion in student debt in 2019.
Attending college is a huge decision. One of the biggest factors in selecting a college today is the cost-can you afford it? You may be curious as to what kind of aid is available to help you, and what about getting a loan? There are tons of questions to consider on your quest for a higher education. To help offset some of the costs of attending college, the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, LLC is pleased to announce its annual college essay contest to help 3 Hernando County high school seniors meet the costs associated with obtaining a degree. Details regarding the essay contest and submission guidelines are provided below.Application Instructions
Applicants are to submit (1) a complete Scholarship Application, (2) 300-500 word essay that answers the question below (3) an official transcript identifying current GPA, (4) proof of acceptance to a 4-year university, and (5) at least one letter of recommendation in support of the application for the scholarship.The Essay Topic
Applicants must write and submit a 300-500 word essay responding to the following question:
What is the most difficult challenge you've ever faced? How did you handle it?
Whittel & Melton looks forward to reviewing the submissions and being able to help our Hernando County students achieve their dreams!
The essays will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Writing quality
- Thoughtfulness of proposed response
- The applicant's demonstrated potential for success in their chosen field of study
The winner of the contest will be notified by email on or around 4/20/20.Submission Guidelines
Send complete application packet by mail postmarked/date stamped no later than April 3, 2020 to:
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Attn: Scholarship Committee
11020 Northcliffe Blvd
Spring Hill, FL 34608
or by email to email@example.com
In addition to their essay, applicants should include the following information in their mailed or email application:
- Their legal name, address, email address and phone number
- The college or university that they are attending or planning to attend
- Their current or proposed course of study
- Their current Grade Point Average (GPA)
- For applicants who are under 18, contact information for a parent or legal guardian
The application is linked by clicking here , good luck!Eligible Hernando County High Schools
- F.W. Springstead High School
- Central High School
- Hernando High School
- Weeki Wachee High School
- Nature Coast Technical High School
Our Hernando County Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton are dedicated to helping those who have suffered injuries in preventable accidents recover compensation for their losses. To schedule a free consultation with us, call our Hernando County office today at 352-666-2121 or contact us online.