Tavares Birth Injury Attormey
Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers Whittel & Melton
866-608-5529 Call Today. Do Not Delay.
When you put your trust in an OB GYN you grant them the power to make the best decisions concerning you and your child’s health and well-being. While most obstetricians, doctors, midwives, nurses, and other medical professionals provide us with the help we need to lead a healthy and safe life, sometimes they can make mistakes with very tragic consequences. When your trust is betrayed due to a medical professional’s negligence, resulting in a birth injury, you should not have to suffer in silence because of their incompetence. Our Tavares Birth Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton can help you fight for what is right and fair. We are here to help you and other families suffering from birth injuries hold negligent or careless medical professionals accountable for their errors and oversights.
If you or someone you love has suffered from a birth injury, our Tavares Birth Injury Attorneys at Whittel & Melton are ready and able to assist you. Call us today at 866-608-5529 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you proceed with a birth injury claim in Tavares or elsewhere in Lake County, Florida.Birth Injuries Explained by Our Tavares Birth Injury Attorneys
When a mother or baby is harmed during the course of labor, delivery, or even prenatal or postnatal care because of mistreatment, misdiagnosis, or complications, then this constitutes a birth injury. While certain injuries may be avoidable, a large number of birth injuries are the result of medical errors or mistakes on the part of a doctor or other medical personnel.
It is estimated that 5 in 1,000 babies born in the United States will suffer from a birth injury. Research from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found that in a recent year nearly 157,700 injuries to babies and mothers in the U.S. could have been prevented.What Are the Most Common Birth Injuries?
Birth injuries can vary drastically, from mild injuries to life-threatening ones that result in medical conditions that last a lifetime. Some birth injuries are more common than others, and our Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton have listed the most frequently seen birth injuries below:
- Clavicle fractures or collarbone injuries
- Brain damage from oxygen being cut off or disrupted
- Erb’s palsy or Klumpke’s palsy resulting from nerves in the neck or shoulder being injured
- Spinal cord trauma
- Facial nerve injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Swelling or bruising to the head
- Skull fractures or bleeding
While certain birth injuries are entirely avoidable, as we mentioned before, some are not. If your child has suffered a birth injury and you suspect it was caused by your doctor not delivering your child in a timely fashion, your doctor not ordering a C-section at the right time, or another error made by a medical professional, then you may have grounds for filing a birth injury lawsuit. We urge you to call 866-608-5529 or contact us online to request a free consultation so that we can discuss your potential claim with you and find out more information.Can Mothers Suffer Injuries During Birth?
Yes, mothers can definitely suffer birth injuries as well. The following are common injuries that happen to mothers during childbirth:
- Ruptured uterus
- Vaginal or anal tearing
- Prolapsed uterus
- Post-partum hemorrhaging
- Postnatal traumatic stress disorder
Mothers place their bodies under tremendous trauma when giving birth, but their bodies are resilient and with modern medicine it is rare to see a mother suffering serious injuries during childbirth. However, a medical mistake can result in a serious injury, so if you have suffered because of a medical professional's mistake, we can help you find out why this happened and if your injury could have been prevented.Are All Birth Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice or Negligence?
Many people think that all birth injuries can be avoided, but that is simply not true. There are cases where unforeseen circumstances can result in unavoidable injury, such as genetic defects and infections.Can All Birth Injuries Be Avoided?
Not all birth injuries can be prevented, but there are critical steps doctors or medical professionals can take to avoid birth injuries, including:
- Providing proper prenatal care:An OB GYN or midwife should conduct routine prenatal testing in order to assess the health of both the mother and baby. This allows for early detection of any abnormalities and will allow the health provider to develop a proper plan of action to manage and treat potential health conditions.
- Monitor mother and child for signs of fetal distress:An obstetrician should monitor the mother and baby for signs of fetal distress. Fetal distress could mean that the baby is not getting oxygen.
- Preventing premature birth: When a baby is born before it reaches a term pregnancy, they are at risk of developing a wide range of medical conditions. An obstetrician should closely monitor every mom throughout the course of the pregnancy in order to recognize and minimize any risk factors that could lead to preterm labor.
Our Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers can assess whether or not you have a valid birth injury claim. All you need to do is call us at 866-608-5529 or contact us online to request a free consultation so that we can discuss your case with you. We will ask you questions to better understand your situation, and from there, we can provide you with our expert legal knowledge regarding the legitimacy of your birth injury case.What Types of Financial Compensation Can Be Recovered in a Tavares Birth Injury Claim?
If you have a valid birth injury lawsuit, you may be able to seek financial compensation for the following:
- Medical costs related to the injury, including medications, hospital visits, and all other treatments that are medically necessary
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Psychological counseling and therapy
- Home health accommodations
- Costs related to a caretaker
- Lost wages
- Physical suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Shortened life expectancy
Our experienced Tavares Birth Injury Attorneys know how devastating it can be as a parent to see your child suffering and being unable to fix their pain. We can help you get the answers you need and demand justice from the at-fault parties responsible for the harm they have inflicted on your child and your family. We want to help you secure maximum financial compensation so that your child will be set up to lead a full life.
We are a compassionate team of injury lawyers and we welcome you to contact us to learn more about how we may be able to help you. We offer a free consultation and will take as much time as you need to provide you with the answers you need regarding your potential birth injury claim. If your child suffered a serious birth injury, please call us today at 866-608-5529 to discuss your legal options.What Does a Tavares Birth Injury Lawyer at Whittel & Melton Cost?
Our Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton work on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay us anything until we are able to secure compensation on your behalf. We cannot stress this enough: your child and your family are our priority, so we do not require upfront costs to be paid.How Long Will My Tavares Birth Injury Claim Take to Complete?
Every birth injury claim is different, so we cannot guarantee a timeline as there are many variables that come into play. The average birth injury case length is 2-4 years, but again the legal process can vary from case to case. We want to assure you that we will do everything we can to get your the best possible results as soon as we can.Contact Our Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton Today to Get Started
Once we make the mutual decision to work together on your birth injury case, there are important steps we will take in order to achieve the best possible results:
- We will investigate your case: we will need to analyze medical records related to your pregnancy, delivery, and postnatal care.
- We will consult with experts: we will work with medical and economic experts to review your case and determine the appropriate amount of damages you are entitled to.
- We will make a settlement demand: once we have thoroughly reviewed your case, we can make a settlement demand to the insurance company of your medical provider.
- We will file a lawsuit when necessary: sometimes a settlement cannot be reached, so when this happens, we will file a lawsuit with the appropriate office and initiate a formal discovery process on your behalf.
- We will take your case to trial when necessary: If any aspect of your birth injury claim is contested, then we will need to take your case to court. We are skilled Florida trial lawyers so we will do everything in our power to achieve a favorable outcome for you and your family.
- The final step is distributing compensation: once a settlement is reached or a verdict is won, then we will quickly gather the funds and disburse your compensation to you.
Let our Tavares Birth Injury Lawyers at Whittel & Melton fight for what is right and just. We work tirelessly to help children and their families hold negligent medical professionals accountable for their mistakes. Call us today at 866-608-5529 or contact us online to learn more about your rights.