Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
Whittel & Melton, LLC
Toll free State-wide
Personal injury law in Florida encompasses any harmful act, intentional or accidental, for which the law can provide a solution. There are many different types of personal injury, including, applying bodily injury to someone, being destructive to someone's property or character, or wrongly denying someone his or her rights.
The state of Florida allows up to four years for a personal injury claim to be made. For medical malpractice, the state of Florida recognizes two years.
Grounds for determining a personal injury claim include:
Intentional Behavior- A person intends for the outcome of the event to result in specific consequence. This type of personal injury can be classified as battery, fraud, assault, false imprisonment, trespassing, invasion of privacy and conversion.
Negligence- This refers to the failure to act rationally or use reasonable care. The law imposes that every person should act as cautiously as a levelheaded, ordinary, sensible person in a similar situation would.
Strict Liability- This is when the direct action of an individual results in another's injury or harm regardless of fault. This usually applies to those involved with hazardous or dangerous activities including fumigating, manufacturing explosives, etc.
The Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, LLC can assist if you have been in an accident branching off of negligence or illegal behavior. Carelessness can lead to unfortunate injury that our lawyers witness every day in Florida. The most common forms of negligence that cause a Personal Injury are:
- Car Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Motorcycle & ATV Accidents
- Cruise Ship Injuries
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall
- Negligent Security
- Worker's Compensation
- Electrocution And Electrical Contact
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- Trucking and Tractor-Trailer Accidents
What should you do if you are in an accident? Is there anything you shouldn't do if you are involved in an accident? Follow these helpful tips to make sure that you protect yourself to help your case. Always remember to act quickly to ensure that proper evidence is not lost or destroyed.
- DO call for medical attention immediately if someone is hurt.
- DO call police to document the accident. If this is not done, it will be your word against the other party.
- DO report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you can.
- DO get contact information from the other party involved. This can include addresses, phone numbers, driver's license and registration information, license plate number, and make, model, and year of the vehicle.
- DO get contact information from any witnesses of an accident. This includes names, addresses and phone numbers. Keep in mind that passengers in an auto accident cannot be witnesses.
- DO take pictures of the accident including, damages to the vehicle and surrounding areas of the accident. Keeping a disposable camera in your glove box to document emergencies can be very useful in such situations.
- DO collect any and all material evidence that could have caused the accident.
- DO write down any information from the accident so that you do not forget important details that could help your case. Such notes include noting the time and date of the accident, the type of weather, any important landmarks and the location of the accident.
- DO call an attorney. Whittel & Melton, LLC are available nights and weekends and will send out investigators to gather vital evidence pertaining to your individual case.
- DON'T flee the scene of the accident.
- DON'T forget to make notes about your accident and take pictures of any and all damages.
- DON'T delay in contacting an attorney. It becomes very hard to prove your case if you put off seeking legal advice.
- DON'T speak to the at-fault person's insurance company or give a statement before consulting an attorney. Anything said to the insurance agent can be used against you in the future.
- DON'T sign any papers or agree to anything without checking with your attorney. Seeking sound legal advice can help you receive the fair settlement you deserve.
***We make House Calls and Hospital Visits***
We are able to take claims that involve any type of personal injury, including very serious injuries:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limb and disfigurement
Our lawyers can also provide the legal and emotional support to see you through a case involving the wrongful death of a loved one.
Contact Us TODAY! Do not Delay - 1-866-608-5LAW (5529) or online
Available Nights & Weekends
- Brooksville, FL Accident
- Brooksville, FL Motorcycle Injury
- Inverness, FL Motorcycle Injury
- Inverness Premises Liability
- FAQ's for a Florida Car Accident
- Brooksville, FL Construction Defect Injury
- Gainesville Motorcycle Crash Injury
- Ocala Motorcycle Injury
- New Port Richey, FL Motorcycle Crash
- Tavares Motorcycle Injury
- Clermont, FL Motorcycle Injury
- Dade City, FL Motorcycle Injury
- The Villages, Florida Motorcycle Injury
- Sumter County, FL Motorcycle Injury
- Zephyrhills & Wesley Chapel, FL Motorcycle
- Ocala, FL Premises Liability
- Gainesville, FL Slip, Trip and Fall Injury
- The Villages Golf Cart Accident
- The Villages, Florida Premises Liability Injury
- Tampa, Florida Swim Accident
- Tavares Premises Liability Accident Injury
- Dade City & Zephyrhills Premises Liability
- New Port Richey Premises Liability
- Wesley Chapel & Lutz Construction Defect
- St. Petersburg, FL Swimming Accident
- Florida Amusement Park Injury
- Tampa/St. Pete Nursing Home Abuse
- Ocala/The Villages Elder Neglect
- Leesburg Car Accident & Injury
- Brooksville, FL Car Accident Injury
- Inverness, FL Car Accident Injury
- Ocala, FL Car Accident and Injury
- Gainesville, FL Reckless / Careless Driving Accident & Injury
- Dade City, FL Car Accident & Injury
- Orlando & Tampa Roller Coaster Accident
- Spring Hill, FL Head/Brain Injury
- Tampa Negligent Security Injury
- New Port Richey, FL Auto Accident
- Wesley Chapel, FL Side Impact T-Bone Car Crash
- Zephyrhills, FL Head-On Crash Injury
- St. Petersburg Side Swipe Car Accident
- Spring Hill, FL Motor Vehicle Accident
- Ocala Meningitis Outbreak
- Hudson, Florida Accident Injury
- Florida Hotel Crime Victim
- Florida Negligent ATM Security
- Victims of Sextortion, Blackmail Dating Websites
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos Lawyers
- Sexual Abuse by Church/Clergy