Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Let’s get right to the point, Florida Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) and Skilled Nursing or Elder Care Centers are some of the most complex corporate structures that exist in Florida. Why? Most likely in part and over time, these corporations have developed business practices to assist and subvert our justice system against less sophisticated lawyers, estates, injured parties and claimants. The purposeful complex and multilayered corporate regime has been a part of the nursing home playbook for years. It’s not enough to be right in a Nursing Home Abuse case in Florida, you need to also be prepared, experienced, aggressive and even a little curious.
Nothing can be taken for granted in these cases. The long history of deceit, conspiracy, crime, trickery and gamesmanship is all too familiar to Florida Nursing Home Abuse lawyers who have handled these cases near and far. The nursing home industry is well financed, hooked into the politically connected donor class and often the benefactor of legislative waiver and judicial second chances. Let us work with you to level the playing field and give you the advantage of experience both inside and outside the courtroom.
Florida Nursing Home Abuse cases can involve compensatory damages and punitive damages for Wrongful Death and Personal Injury for claims like:
- Bed Sores and Rashes
- Avoidable Falls and Subsequent Fractures
- Unexplained Bumps, Bruises and Injuries
How do these injuries occur? Many Nursing Home and ALF Injury and Death cases are the fault of the actual physicians, doctors and surgeons and may be the result of Medical Malpractice. Many more preventable tragedies are however sadly the result of the staff.
Typical reasons for injury and death caused by the staff at an ALF, Skilled Nursing, Senior Care or Nursing Home in Florida are Negligent Hiring, Negligent Training and Negligent Supervision:
- Understaffing: the harsh truth of these places is they are mostly for-profit corporations first. They commonly make decisions based on bottom line, profits, margins and choosing profits over patients, cash over care. Understaffing comes in many forms, the most common is just not having enough people, warm bodies, employees, to make the rounds, handle the care and complete the tasks. The second layer is asking too much from the wrong staff, specifically the cheaper staff with less education and experience. The third layer of Understaffing is hiring staff that is either incompetent or not intellectually or ethically able to make good decisions.
- Undertraining: you can do all the hiring in the world, but if you don’t train your staff, it will never work out. Too many homes have well intended ownership groups, but the management is either under funded or under motivated to train and stay on top of developments in elder care.
- Lack of Supervision: a fact pattern too common to lawyers who handle neglect cases is a staff who have gone rouge. Making rules and policies on the fly with no check. These types of things happen when no or little supervision occurs.
If you feel like anything you have just read applies to your family member, do not delay, call us today 866-608-5529.
CAUTION – WARNING – We do NOT advise any existing Florida Nursing Home Abuse clients or families to contact any of the below State or Government Agencies. The below information, is only information, nothing more. Any and all legal issues related to your legal matter, no matter where in Florida or what legal stage your Florida Nursing Home or ALF Elder Neglect case is, these items MUST be discussed with our attorneys and investigators and ONLY with our office until and unless counseled otherwise.
The Florida ALF, Nursing Home and Skilled Nursing Facility Neglect lawyers at Whittel & Melton believe that an aggressive representation of a Florida Elder Abuse case include keeping our victims and families of the victim informed. The best place to begin, after speaking with our office first, is with a look at what information is already in the public domain.
Below are some Florida web pages that may be useful in your Florida Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuit Representation.
Florida Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer and Victim Resources
Florida Department of Health – Quality Assurance License Verification of Nursing Home
Florida Office of Insurance Regulation – Medical Malpractice Insurance Verification
State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration – Regulation, The Division of Health Quality Assurance and Oversight of health care providers
Whittel & Melton Florida Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers are based out of Three Florida Offices Statewide handling cases throughout Florida.
Our Boca Raton, FL South Florida office - Nursing Home Neglect and ALF Elder Abuse Lawsuits in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Naples, Fort Myers, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Orange County, Collier County, Charlotte County, Lee County
Our Spring Hill, FL Central Florida attorneys - Nursing Home Negligence Legal Claims and ALF Abuse Lawsuits in Tampa, Brandon, Bradenton, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Largo, Tarpon Springs, Brooksville, New Port Richey, Inverness, Crystal River, Bartow, Lakeland, Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, Polk County, Pasco County, Hernando County, Citrus County, Manatee County, Sarasota County
Our Gainesville, FL North Florida lawyers - Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits and Assisted Living Facility Negligence Claims in Ocala, The Villages, Leesburg, Tavares, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Pensacola, Panama City, Alachua County, Marion County, Lake County, Sumter County, Levy County, Duval County, Leon County
- Broward County Nursing Home Abuse & Fort Lauderdale Neglect Attorneys
- Citrus County Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyers
- Gainesville, FL Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
- Hernando County Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
- Pasco County Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Nursing Home Negligence
- Sumter County, Florida Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
- Lake County, Florida Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyer
- Palm Beach County Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Lawyers
- Levy County Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyers
- Volusia County Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
- Tampa/St. Pete Nursing Home Abuse
- Ocala/The Villages Elder Neglect
- Top 5 Things to Look for When Shopping Around for a Nursing Home