Hernando County Auto Accident Attorney :: Dos and Don’ts for Protecting Your Spring Hill Injury Claim
March 5, 2013
When you are involved in a Spring Hill car wreck and suffer any type of injury as the result of another driver’s negligence, there are ways to protect yourself and your injury claim. The following guidelines can help boost your chances of being fully compensated for your damages. Remember, it is always best to act swiftly so that critical evidence is not lost or destroyed.DOs
- DO capture photos of the crash site and keep copies of all medical bills and documents that pertain to the accident. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case, so be sure to carefully document the scene of the crash, the car that caused the accident, property damage to your car and your injuries.
- DO report the accident to your insurance provider as soon as possible. Your insurance adjuster will ask you a series of questions, so be careful of what you say and how you say it because their job is to reduce your claim as much as possible.
- DO get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Police and emergency responders do not always document this, so make sure you keep this information handy as it could prove useful.
- DO call a Spring Hill Auto Accident Lawyer at Whittel & Melton right away. We are available anytime, day or night, and can immediately send out our team of investigators to gather vital evidence pertaining to your individual case.
- DON’T discuss the details of your injury claim with anyone other than your Spring Hill Injury Lawyer.
- DON’T openly admit fault to the other party or anyone at the scene. People involved in auto accidents, regardless of actual fault, often make the mistake of apologizing at the crash site, which could be used against them later when establishing blame. It is always best to observe everything and say as little as possible.
- DON’T sign any papers or agree to anything without checking with your lawyer. Consulting with your attorney can help you recover the full and fair settlement you deserve.
Injuries from car accidents can affect you not only now, but possibly well into the future. Serious injuries may require long-term care adding up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you’ve been injured in an accident in Spring Hill, make sure you are educated on your rights and contact a Hernando County Auto Accident Attorney at Whittel & Melton. We can help you obtain a successful outcome for your claim. Contact us today online or call 352-666-2121 for a free, no-obligation consultation.