Gainesville, FL Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Alachua County ALF, Skilled Nursing Injury and Wrongful Death AttorneyProudly Serving Alachua, Archer, Gainesville, Hawthorne, High Springs, La Crosse, Micanopy, Newberry and Waldo
We entrust that nursing homes and assisted living facilities will treat our loved ones with respect and dignity when we can no longer care for them ourselves. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities care for the elderly, vulnerable, and those that are in need of assistance with daily life activities.
Nursing home neglect and abuse is unacceptable. The Agency for HealthCare Administration (AHCA) regulates standards for nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Florida. The failure to live up to these standards jeopardizes the health of residents that are living in these facilities. If you or a loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or negligence, we strongly recommend letting us help you hold the at-fault facility responsible for their deplorable actions. By speaking out against the facility you can help prevent any future victims from experiencing the same pain and suffering.Nursing Home Negligence and COVID-19
If a nursing home or assisted living facility failed to take appropriate precautions to stop the seemingly uncontrollable spread of coronavirus, then this could be the direct result of negligence on their part.
Some of the ways a nursing home or assisted living facility may be held liable for a coronavirus outbreak are outlined as follows:
- Failing to clean and disinfect all shared surfaces properly and frequently
- Failing to make sure staff uses protective gear or failing to supply staff with the right protective gear so that they can prevent cross-contamination
- Making sick personnel come into work, which could further he spread of the infection
- Lack of staff on the premises to make sure health and safety guidelines are being followed
- Not screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms or not isolating and quarantining residents and staff with symptoms early enough to prevent further spread of the infection
- Failing to report confirmed cases of coronavirus to the appropriate health agencies and authorities
- And in some cases, failing to report illness and deaths to the families of residents
- Victim of Crime: Assault, Aggravated Assault, Resident Sexual Assault from Staff or from other Resident, Battery, Aggravated Battery, Sexual battery from another resident or worse, staff, Elderly Exploitation, Theft, Strangulation, Murder
Our Alachua County Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyers at Whittel & Melton want to make it clear that regardless of the challenges this pandemic has presented to nursing homes and assisted living facilities, this in no way cancels out a facility’s duty to protect the safety of their residents. Even though we are in a state of emergency and crisis, these types of gross negligence are unacceptable.Coronavirus in Gainesville area Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
Here are the facilities in Alachua County that have reported cases of coronavirus:
- Brookdale Gainesville Southwest: Assisted Living Facility
- Oak Hammock Retirement Community at the University of Florida - Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care: Assisted Living Facility
- Oak Hammock Retirement Community at the University of Florida - Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care: Nursing Home
- Palm Garden of Gainesville: Nursing Home
- Parklands Care Center: Nursing Home
- Signature HealthCARE of Gainesville: Nursing Home
1001 SW 62nd Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32607
1 Positive Staff Member
5100 SW 25th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608
6 Positive Residents Transferred and 2 Positive Staff Members
5100 SW 25th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608
6 Positive Residents
227 SW 62nd Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32607
1 Positive Resident Transferred
1000 SW 16th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601
5 Verified Resident Deaths, 38 Positive Residents Transferred, and 14 Positive Staff Members
4000 SW 20th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32607
1 Positive Resident
We Are Here to Help You in Alachua County
Victims of nursing homes or assisted living facility neglect or abuse and their families are entitled to monetary compensation for the injuries or death caused by inappropriate care. The senior population are some of the most vulnerable and helpless members of our society, and they depend on the healthcare provided at their nursing home or assisted living facility. When they are abused or neglected, they require someone to defend their rights, and our Gainesville and Alachua County Nursing Home Attorneys at Whittel & Melton are here to provide the legal representation victims and their families needs.
Our Gainesville and Alachua County Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys at Whittel & Melton will fight aggressively to hold the at-fault facility liable for their actions. We want to make sure that victims and their loved ones get the benefits they deserve. Sometimes we can reach a positive outcome in these cases outside the courtroom, which can be less stressful on victims and their families. In other cases, going to trial may be the only way to achieve just compensation.
Contact our Gainesville and Alachua County Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse Lawyers at Whittel & Melton serving Gainesville, Newberry, High Springs, Alachua County and all of Florida statewide now at 352-264-7800 or reach us statewide and toll-free at 1-866-608-5LAW (5529).