Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Teen Struck by Vehicle Following Spring Hill Crash A teen boy was hospitalized Wednesday morning after a three-vehicle auto accident in Spring Hill. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the
- Pilot Seriously Injured in Crash at Brooksville Airport A pilot was seriously injured in an experimental plane crash at Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport Monday morning. The 63-year-old suffered severe
- 2-Year-Old's Leg Severed by Lawn Mower in Pasco County A 2-year-old boy had his foot amputated Saturday after he was accidentally struck by a riding lawn mower being operated by his mother, according to
- Differences Between Pasco County Truck Accidents and Car Accidents Even though the fear and pain can be similar in truck accidents and car accidents, there are several key differences between these two types of auto
- One Killed in Crystal River Single Vehicle Crash One person was killed early Monday in a single-vehicle crash in Crystal River. The crash occurred just before 4 a.m. on north Citrus Avenue at W Tom
- Woman Killed in Pine Ridge Crash A Beverly Hills woman was killed in a crash on County Road 491 in the Pine Ridge-Beverly Hills area Friday night. According to authorities, the
- Motorcyclist Killed in Brandon Collision A 33-year-old Plant City motorcyclist was killed in a crash near Brandon early Tuesday. The motorcyclist lost control of his Yamaha around 3:15 a.m.
- Semi Crashes into Manatee River Slick roads are what caused a semi-truck to travel over a bridge in Manatee County and dive into the water. Fortunately, a Good Samaritan saw the
- Hawthorne Man Killed in Tractor Accident An 82-year-old Hawthorne man was killed last week when he was crushed while his tractor towed another tractor in a pasture in Putnam County. Just
- 1 Killed After Train Hits Car in Auburndale One person is dead after an Amtrak train struck a vehicle in Auburndale Monday evening. A 44-year-old man died in the accident that occurred on
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on