Whittel & Melton is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing results in 3 distinct areas of the law. Our firm was founded upon and continues to excel in all Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. We also continue to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes, DUI matters and all Appellate and Post-Conviction issues. Whittel & Melton is also an expert in Labor & Employment matters including Unpaid Wages & Overtime, Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, FMLA, Wrongful Termination, Whistleblower Protection and Qui Tam litigation.
A LEGAL TEAM FOCUSED ON PERSONALIZED ATTENTION
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and Boca Raton, our staff of full-time personal injury, criminal defense and labor & employment paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, former Assistant Attorney General, Florida State Defenders, retired military, and law enforcement. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers and Best Law Firms, Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal. Partner Jason Melton is a Life Member in the exclusive Multi-Million and Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured or discriminated clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
WE SERVE AS CO-COUNSEL TO ATTORNEYS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Driver Killed in Head-On Collision with Semi in Hernando County A 33-year-old Wesley Chapel man was killed early Friday in a head-on crash with an 18-wheeler in Hernando County. According to the Florida Highway
- Halloween Safety Tips Halloween is a fun time for both children and parents. However, there are some very important safety tips that are worth considering as a way to keep
- Elderly Man Killed in Collision with Pasco County Deputy A 98-year-old man was killed after an overnight crash in which he drove through a red light and was hit by a Pasco County deputy’s patrol car,
- Crosswalk Safety in New Port Richey a Concern Among Residents According to Pasco County residents, drivers in and around the Mitchell Ranch Plaza need a refresher course on the rules of the road. If you pick up a
- Drive Safe this Thanksgiving Weekend According to the American Automobile Association, the roads will be very crowded this Thanksgiving holiday weekend – November 23 through
- Inverness Toddler Drowns in Pond A Citrus County toddler drowned Saturday evening in Inverness. The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office said the 14-month-old girl was found in a
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed in By Truck in Pinellas County A pedestrian was hit by a pickup truck and seriously injured in Seminole on Saturday evening, according to authorities. The 51-year-old man of
- Allegiant Pilot Suing for Wrongful Termination After Emergency Landing in Clearwater An Allegiant Air pilot fired is suing the airline for wrongful termination and defamation. Allegiant fired the pilot in July after he evacuated
- Be Safe in the Kitchen This Thanksgiving If you are like most Americans, you will likely be spending numerous hours in the kitchen over the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, that increased
- Man on Scooter Struck and Killed in Cocoa Beach A 75-year-old man trying to cross a street on a scooter recently in Brevard County died after he was struck by a vehicle. According to reports, the
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on