Whittel & Melton is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing results in 3 distinct areas of the law. Our firm was founded upon and continues to excel in all Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. We also continue to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes, DUI matters and all Appellate and Post-Conviction issues. Whittel & Melton is also an expert in Labor & Employment matters including Unpaid Wages & Overtime, Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, FMLA, Wrongful Termination, Whistleblower Protection and Qui Tam litigation.
A LEGAL TEAM FOCUSED ON PERSONALIZED ATTENTION
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and Boca Raton, our staff of full-time personal injury, criminal defense and labor & employment paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, former Assistant Attorney General, Florida State Defenders, retired military, and law enforcement. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers and Best Law Firms, Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal. Partner Jason Melton is a Life Member in the exclusive Multi-Million and Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured or discriminated clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
WE SERVE AS CO-COUNSEL TO ATTORNEYS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Spring Hill Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash A Spring Hill man died just after midnight Friday night when he lost control of his motorcycle. According to Florida Highway Patrol officials, the man
- Weeki Wachee Man Killed in Crash With Hernando County Deputy A 61-year-old man was killed Thursday morning in a traffic accident that involved a Hernando sheriff’s deputy. The deputy only suffered minor
- 4-Year-Old Injured in April 24 Crash In New Port Richey Dies A 4-year-old girl died Sunday from injuries she sustained in an April 24 crash in New Port Richey. The crash occurred at 9:45 p.m. on U.S. 19 at the
- Dade City Woman Killed in Head-On Collision A 48-year-old woman from Dade City was killed in a head-on crash Sunday afternoon. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the Dade City woman was
- Homosassa Man Killed In Motorcycle Accident A Homosassa man died Monday morning after he lost control of his motorcycle in Floral City, according to reports. The crash happened at 9:05 a.m. on
- Homosassa Man Killed in Hit-And-Run Crash A Homosassa man was killed early Sunday when he was hit by a car while walking along U.S.19. The Florida Highway Patrol believes the 22-year-old was
- Passenger Dies After Car Flips On I-275 in Pinellas County A Tampa man died Monday after he was involved in a single-vehicle crash on I-275 in Pinellas County. The crash occurred at 4:43 p.m. on northbound
- Motorcyclist Dies in Palmetto Crash A 62-year-old man died Sunday when he crashed into a car on U.S. 301 in Palmetto. Palmetto Police believe the motorcyclist struck the rear of a
- Sheikra ReOpened At Busch Gardens After It Stalled With Riders On Board Sheikra is back open at Busch Gardens in Tampa after the roller coaster stopped Thursday with 64 passengers on board. The roller coaster reopened to
- Texas Club Sued for Death At Hip Hop Show Texas club owners failed to amp up security for a show featuring two rival rap groups and an aspiring emcee was shot in the head, according to
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on