Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Health Study: Taking Medications Wrong Can Cause Harm Studies show that many people have trouble following doctor’s’ instructions when it comes to taking prescription medication, which, of
- Fatal Falls for Seniors On the Rise While a slip and fall or trip and fall accident can leave any one of any age with an injury, for senior citizens, falls are becoming more and more
- Pickup Truck Leaves Road and Crashes into Mobile Home A man driving a pickup truck exited the road and hit a mobile home Friday afternoon, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. The 23-year-old
- Keep the Streets Safe this Halloween With Halloween on Friday, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is speaking up about their annual safety campaign. They are advocating
- Recalled GM Cars Still Need to Be Repaired Nine months after General Motors announced its massive ignition switch recall, it still continues to deal with the more than one million vehicles that
- Head-on crash on U.S. 19 in Citrus kills 2 women Two women were killed in a head-on collision on U.S. 19 Monday night, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Around 9:45 p.m, a 74-year-old woman
- Takata Airbag Recall Continues Takata Corporation, the Japanese maker of air bags used by auto manufacturers, is accused of selling faulty airbags to at least 11 different
- McDonald's Recalls Hello Kitty Toy in Happy Meals McDonald's has issued a voluntary recall for 2.5 million Hello Kitty lollipop whistles after determining the toys pose a choking hazard to small
- Millions of Takata Airbags Recalled Takata is in the middle of recalling nearly 12 million automobiles worldwide for faulty airbags. The Japanese manufacturer's defective airbags have
- Takata Airbag Cover-Up Leaked by Former Employees It was recently revealed by The New York Times that the Japanese airbag maker Takata knew 10 years ago knew about the dangers of one of its airbags.
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on