Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Disoriented Elderly Woman Causes Wrong Way Crash in Spring Hill A 75-year-old woman from Tennessee apparently became confused while driving in Spring Hill Wednesday morning and caused a wrong-way crash on U.S. 19,
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid After an Auto Accident Traffic accidents are never an easy thing to deal with. The headaches that follow a car accident seem to be endless – from property damage,
- Pasco Day Care Worker Accused of Kicking Toddler in Head A Pasco County day care worker has been arrested and charged with child abuse after the mother of a 16-month-old girl said her daughter had bruises on
- Teen Killed, Two Injured in Head-On Collision on U.S. 301 in Zephyrhills A teenager was killed and two other people suffered serious injuries Monday morning in a head-on crash on U.S. 301 in Zephyrhills. According to the
- Defective Bean Bag Chairs Recalled Due to Suffocation Risk Around 125,000 bean bag chairs are now under recall by Comfort Research. The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued the recall due to the fact that
- Doctor Removes Wrong Kidney: A Reminder About Medical Malpractice A California surgeon has been placed on probation for removing the wrong kidney from a federal inmate. A surgeon at St. Jude Medical Center in
- 7-Year-Old Seriously Injured in Tampa Crash A 7-year-old boy suffered serious injuries after being struck by a minivan on Saturday night, according to Tampa police. Witnesses told police they
- Gibsonton Man Dies in Pedestrian Accident A 38-year-old Gibsonton man was killed Wednesday evening while walking along the northbound shoulder of U.S. Highway 41. According to the Florida
- Motorcyclist Killed in Crash on U.S. 441 A motorcyclist who collided with an SUV on U.S. 441 and was ejected into a ditch by the impact of the crash passed away at a local hospital Wednesday.
- Two Disney Visitors Die After Riding Small World, Toy Story Two Disney World visitors died late last year after riding two of the resort’s tamer rides, according to a state report issued Wednesday. In one
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on