Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- It is Spring Break! Make Sure You Know How to Spring Break Safely Spring break is finally here! Families, college students and teenagers are packing their bags and heading out in search of fun, and usually sun, at
- Snapping "Selfies" Behind the Wheel Can Cause Fatal Collisions We all know that texting while driving is quite dangerous, but taking pictures while behind the wheel, commonly referred to as a "selfie," can be
- Aggressive Driving & Speeding a Problem in Pasco County Aggressive driving behaviors are a problem in Pasco County, as well as across the country. Road rage is not the only form of aggressive driving. In
- Palm Harbor Biker Killed in Crash on U.S. 19 in Holiday A Palm Harbor man was killed Friday night after he crashed his motorcycle into the back of a car on U.S. 19, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Catastrophic Brain Injury of Child Leads to Recall of Residential Elevators Due to Crushing Hazard The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall last week of Elmira Hydraulic residential hydraulic elevators last week after these products
- Car Safety Tips for Spring Break Travel Spring break is upon us, which means school is out! This time of year is highly anticipated by students of all ages. For an entire week there are no
- AAA Study Shows Accidents Involving Distracted Teen Drivers on the Rise Most people recognize that using a cell phone while driving can prove deadly. However, a new AAA study shows that cell phone use is hardly the only
- Tips to Stay Safe on a Spring Break Cruise Spring break is officially here, which means there are going to be lots of kids, teens, families and college students taking cruises to exotic places.
- Woman Arrested After Leaving 2 Kids in Hot Car A woman accused of leaving two children unattended inside a hot car in October was arrested Tuesday, according to the Palm Beach County
- Graco Slapped with $10 Million Lawsuit for Delay in Recalls of Defective Child Seats Graco Children's Products has agreed to pay $10 million to settle claims that it failed to recall about four million child car seats with a defective
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on