Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- 5 Killed, 2 Seriously Injured in Box Truck Crash in Brooksville Five people were killed, and two others were seriously harmed in a crash in Hernando County Monday morning. The accident occurred around 10:30 a.m. at
- Spring Hill Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash A 24-year-old Spring Hill man was killed in a motorcycle crash Saturday evening on Spring Hill Drive. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the man
- 2-Year-Old's Leg Severed by Lawn Mower in Pasco County A 2-year-old boy had his foot amputated Saturday after he was accidentally struck by a riding lawn mower being operated by his mother, according to
- Differences Between Pasco County Truck Accidents and Car Accidents Even though the fear and pain can be similar in truck accidents and car accidents, there are several key differences between these two types of auto
- Toddler Drowns in Dunnellon Pond A 2-year-old boy was found dead Friday after he drowned in a pond in the backyard of a Dunnellon home. According to the Citrus County Sheriff’s
- LG Fined $1.8 MIllion for Faulty Dehumidifiers The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission recently issued a press release regarding the $1.825 million civil penalty facing major appliance
- Woman, Boy Drown in Separate Swimming Pool Accidents in Tampa Bay A 49-year-old woman has drowned in a family swimming pool in Clearwater, according to authorities. The woman’s mother found her floating in the
- Woman Critically Injured in Tampa Jet Ski Accident A woman suffered severe injuries Sunday evening in Tampa in a jet ski crash on the Hillsborough River. The driver of the jet ski lost control after
- Carnival Cruise Lines in Hot Water over ADA Compliance The U.S. Justice Department announced Thursday that Cruise giant Carnival Corp. will pay more than $400,000 in penalties and damages as part of a
- Court Agrees to Hear Appeal in Hospital PIP Lawsuit A federal court has agreed to hear an appeal on whether drivers in Palm Beach County and across Florida should be granted class-action status in their
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on