Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- CPSC Report Highlights Dangers of Children Using ATVs Motor vehicle accidents aren't limited to just automobiles or trucks. Off-road or all-terrain vehicles are involved in hundreds of accidents and
- Disoriented Elderly Woman Causes Wrong Way Crash in Spring Hill A 75-year-old woman from Tennessee apparently became confused while driving in Spring Hill Wednesday morning and caused a wrong-way crash on U.S. 19,
- Spring Hill Motorcyclist Killed in Crash with Truck on U.S. 19 A Spring Hill man was killed Saturday night when a pickup truck pulled out in front of his motorcycle on U.S. 19, authorities said. According to the
- Fans Don't Let Fans Drive Drunk on Superbowl Sunday Law enforcement officials throughout the state will be cracking down on drunk driving this Super Bowl weekend. It’s all a part of the national
- The Impact of Non-Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents If you have survived a car accident, you are probably feeling hurt, scared and confused. It can be difficult trying to move on from this stressful
- CPSC Issues New Plan to Prevent TV/Furniture Tip-Over Injuries & Deaths One child dies every two weeks and one consumer is injured every 15 minutes when a piece of furniture or a television falls over onto them, according
- What You Need to Know About the Takata Air Bag Recall According to the National Highway Safety Administration, Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp. refuses to cooperate with the government’s
- St. Pete Toddler Struck and Killed by Car While Playing in Yard A toddler was hit by an SUV and killed while playing in a yard in St. Petersburg on Thursday evening. According to reports, a 27-year-old man was
- Motorcyclist Charged with DUI Manslaughter in Death of Skateboarder According to Clay County deputies, a motorcyclist who was speeding in a Fleming Island neighborhood when he struck and killed a skateboarder last
- GE to Pay $3.5 Million in Civil Penalties for Failure to Report Fire Hazards According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, General Electric has agreed to pay a $3.5 million civil penalty due to their failure to report an
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on