Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Five Accidents You Can Avoid This Holiday Season The holidays are a joyous time to celebrate with family and friends, but it can also be a dangerous time when an accident or injury may come about.
- Holiday Shopping Safety Tips Now that there are just 14 days until Christmas, holiday shoppers are flooding malls and department stores on the hunt for the perfect holiday gifts.
- Pasco Woman Killed by SUV While Trying to Help Injured Motorcyclist A New Port Richey woman was assisting a motorcyclist that was injured in a crash when she was struck and killed by an SUV in Holiday, according to
- What You Need to Know About the Insurance Companies Following a Motorcycle Crash The insurance company is most likely how you will get paid for your motorcycle accident injuries. Because of this, it is important to understand how
- Avoid These Holiday Hazards this Year The holidays are usually when loved ones and family members come together to share great food and company. With the holidays in full swing, parties
- Toddler Killed in Dog Attack in Crystal River A toddler passed away over the weekend after officials said he was attacked by dogs. Reports indicate the attack occurred around 4:30 p.m. on Sunday
- Wrong Way Driving Accidents Major Problem in Tampa Bay Area The number of wrong way driving accidents has been on the rise in Tampa, and this alarming trend continued on Thursday when four instances of
- Two Separate Wrong-Way Drivers Arrested for DUI in Tampa Two wrong-way drivers were arrested on Friday after officials said the drivers were operating their vehicles under the influence of alcohol. According
- 42 Death Claims Approved in GM Ignition-Switch Defect GM has agreed to compensate 42 claimants for deaths related to its ignition-switch defect. These recent claims are a part of more than 2,000 death and
- Leesburg City Commissioner Jay Hurley Loses License Over Motorcycle Crash Leesburg City Commissioner Jay Hurley failed to convince a Lake County judge Wednesday morning that he made a wide turn and not an improper lane
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on