Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Eating While Driving is Distracted Driving April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, which is why it is important to highlight that distractions behind the wheel are not just
- Voice Systems Can Reduce Driver Distractions In the past several years, many automakers have introduced voice-activated technologies in their vehicles. These technologies give motorists the
- Pasco County Motorcyclist Killed, Passenger Critically Injured A 54-year-old motorcyclist was killed and his passenger was critically injured in a crash on Little Road in New Port Richey early Sunday. According to
- New Port Richey Man Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash A New Port Richey man died Friday night in a single-vehicle collision in Pasco County. The crash occurred shortly after 8 p.m. on Rowan Road, just
- Backover Accidents: How to Prevent a Tragedy Backover accidents are responsible for killing thousands of children each year. The sad truth is that these accidents are entirely preventable. A
- What to Do After An Accident with an Uninsured Driver Statistics from the Insurance Research Council shows that one in seven drivers in the United States is uninsured. When a car accident occurs, usually
- Acetaminophen Labeling Error Leads to Mucinex Recall A reported 1.5 million bottles of liquid Mucinex Fast-Max are being recalled due to manufacturing problems, more specifically, the back labels may not
- Chef Killed By Speeding Drunk Driver in Downtown St. Pete A speeding drunk driver collided with two people who were crossing 2nd Street N in downtown St. Petersburg early Saturday, killing one of them and
- Illness, Injuries Reported at Orlando Theme Parks During the first three months of 2015, three people felt seriously ill after riding Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey at Universal Orlando.
- Nissan Introduces "Driver Attention Alert" to Detect Drowsy Driving A number of automakers acknowledge that drowsy driving is a big problem amongst American drivers. Recently, many have now begun investing in
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on