Whittel & Melton, LLC is a full-service Florida law firm dedicated to providing clients in Personal Injury cases, Car Accident and Wrongful Death tragedies with individualized and results-driven service. Our firm also continues to be a statewide leader in providing aggressive defense of serious Florida state and federal criminal matters including White Collar crimes and DUI matters.
A legal team focused on personalized attention
Primarily working from our offices in Central Florida, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, our staff of full-time personal injury and criminal defense paralegals, legal assistants and private investigators assist the Florida attorneys at Whittel & Melton.
Our lawyers include former State of Florida Prosecutors, retired military, a state defender and a retired New York City Police Officer. The two founding members of the firm are also former nominees for State and Federal office. Our lawyers and staff are committed to meeting and exceeding our clients' needs and are available 24-hours a day to help our clients navigate the Florida legal system.
How we are different
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
Colleagues have lauded our attorneys as outstanding litigators by recognizing them in publications such as Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Lawyers in the firm have also been designated by Martindale-Hubble with an “AV” rating, the highest rating in that journal.
The firm's growth and success is due in large part to the wide range of services and varied interests of our clients. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many clients in Florida and Whittel & Melton remains dedicated to developing and maintaining long-term relationships in the communities where we practice.
Being different means being both skilled negotiators and astute trial attorneys. At Whittel & Melton, we always work in the best interest of our clients, and many times that means negotiating a favorable plea bargain in Florida criminal court or reaching a financial settlement for our injured clients. But, there are times where presenting a case to a judge or jury is the only way to achieve a favorable outcome for our clients. It is in these situations that our attorneys thrive and rise to the occasion.
Unlike many of our competitors, our firm is centered on the premise that properly handled cases are built with an eye towards trial from the very beginning. We excel in the courtroom because we are meticulously prepared.
We serve as co-counsel to attorneys throughout the United States
With consultation offices throughout the state of Florida, our legal team is equipped to provide co-counsel services to attorneys and clients throughout Florida as well as the across the United States. It would be our pleasure to discuss co-counsel and/or referral arrangements on a case-by-case basis in Florida state and federal court.
Our firm routinely represents clients in the courthouses of Brooksville, Tampa, Bushnell, Gainesville, New Port Richey, Ocala, Orlando, Dade City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Inverness, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Tavares, Bartow, Daytona Beach and throughout the State of Florida.
Contact us today to discuss your case.
- Keep Your Kids Safe from Swimming Pool Fatalities this Summer Hernando County swimming pool accidents can take place on public and private property. When swimming pool injuries occur, they are usually the result
- BBQ IQ: Grilling Safety 101 Summertime grilling is enjoyed by many. The sunshine pairs well with the charred aroma, and when the grill comes out it usually means family get
- Mom Left Children in Car While She Worked: The Dangers of Leaving Kids in Hot Cars A 29-year-old mother is facing charges after police claim she left her two children inside a vehicle while she went to work at a bar. According to the
- Fatal Accident in New Port Richey Serves as an Important Reminder for UM Insurance A fatal accident on Madison Street in New Port Richey occurred when a Mustang going at a high rate of speed crashed into a power pole. The Mustang was
- Stay Safe this Fourth of July More house fires occur over the Fourth of July weekend than at any other time during the year, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
- Citrus County Deputies Investigating Boy's Bathtub Drowning The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the drowning of an 11-month-old boy. The baby died in the bathtub at a home on
- Motorcyclist Killed in Tampa Crash A motorcyclist was killed in the early morning hours on Thursday in a traffic crash in Tampa. The 38-year-old man was riding his motorcycle near N.
- Biker Injured in Causeway Crash A motorcyclist was injured in a crash on the Courtney Campbell Causeway Sunday. A motorcycle collided with a vehicle while traveling eastbound east of
- Uber Facing $2 Million Lawsuit Following Assault of Teen Girl The mother of a 13-year-old girl is suing Uber and one of its drivers after the driver was convicted of sexually assaulting the young girl earlier
- GM Adds More than 243,000 Cars to Takata Airbag Recall General Motors is adding more than 243,000 compact hatchbacks in the U.S. and Canada to the growing number of already recalled vehicles for airbags
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on